Wednesday, June 03, 2009

SUBWAY 2009

Things have been frustrating lately...but the good news is that you don't have to hear about any of the teary details because I started a blog journal. I don't know if anyone reads this blog, but if you do then I'm sure you just threw your hands up for joy at the prospect of wading through life without my filibustering diversions {or as Q would say: delusions}.

So last week we hiked the Subway:


Perhaps we lunched a little too long... you'll see why soon-
Kristi (10) was a trooper. Don't know many 10-year-olds who could do this with a smile!

Cold Cold Coldness! Jump on in- it's the only way out.


Cold FREEZING Cold water. Can't go under it, can't go over it, have to go straight THROUGH it!


Getting quite dim- and we're still hiking...in freezing wet clothes...


Finish time: 11:00 pm

Combine late start with slow hiking and an underestimated scope of the trail length with getting lost on the darkest of dark moonless nights and wretchedly poor night vision and you get this picture. At one point we were separated, hiking through cactus fields that I couldn't see to save my life, and lost off the trail on a cliff in complete pitch black. We worried some people... but I did find this totally rock awesome rope along the way!
Cacti still in my shoes. Note to self, need glasses.

2 comments:

Jem said...

I very much want to do that trail. You'll have to give me details on what permit, etc we'll have to get. Looks sooo fun!

Alana said...

ahh, that looks nice right now. why don't we take fuller advantage of where we live? that water is freeeeezing.