Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh how I'll miss them-




My books are packed up... well, at least the first thousand or so...



Awards night is over...


Old friends and new friends were celebrated...



And my beloved students have officially left the building.








Did I mention that 0ver 90% of them passed the CRT!?
...Over 94% passed the DWA (with over 50% achieving mastery)!!!

Success- and much hard work and hours and hours and hours... but then it paid off and

suddenly they are gone. I really poured my heart and soul into them and in the end I absolutely fell in love with them. It is difficult to let them go. I can't imagine SCMS without them. Sob sob sob- year 2 in the trenches was the best time of my life. Hit the ground running, never looked back, and now that it's time to go I don't want to. Oh, how I'll miss them.

4 comments:

Alana said...

I'm going to make Brandon read this. It might give him hope about teaching again.

Taylor said...

Looks like another fun filled year of inspiring delinquents! Thank you for sending those letters, they made my day and made me laugh. It suprised me that they were written by my "roudy boys" I really appreciate you sending them, enjoy your summer.

Emily said...

Oh fun! What a smokin hot teacher. seriously. I keep going back and forth about wanting to be a teacher ... I'll have to pick your brain sometime.

Erika said...

Congrats and sorry you had to see them go....you did a wonderful job I know~