So here are a few summer happenings. Today Miss Sinks and I went to lunch (I'm smiling just now realizing that whenever I mention Miss Sinks I call her Miss Sinks instead of by her first name... must be the profession); she called to my attention the dreaded realization that we are 4 WEEKS into summer!!!
NOOOO! It's slipping away! ...And I haven't done one darn thing on my constructive to do list. My next quintessential American novel (aka- a cliche sophomoric embarrassment) is still stuck in chapter 4, I've gotten through Eric Metaxes' Amazing Grace and Lightning Theif #5, but I haven't even cracked Uncle Tom's Cabin or The Great American Plague, and I'm not one single step ahead on next year's cirriculum [which I'm dreading BTW because I have to teach 8th grade again next year-ug].
What in the world have I been doing? Wasting time for sure. Ah summer. Note the joy of nothingness lest we forget the singular reason why I chose to go BACK to school for another Bachelors only to make a poverty level income slaving away amongst the juvenile delinquents 9 months out of the year. That's right folks- you don't go to ten years of college only to make $30,000/yr for nothing. Oy- just typing that figure made me shudder. Really, it is a little more- but not much. Just keep telling myself: 10 years of college was fun, recreational in fact. $=not important. Summer=greatest possible joy on earth!
Lately:
POWELL:(ABOVE) There's only 1 way to start a Lake Powell trip off the right way and that's with dinner at Rewind in Kanab. You should go. If you don't, your life is not quite complete. Get the Phili Steak.
(BELOW) Hyperlight held a wake boarding competition at Anelope Point last week. They gave away free Red Bull (too bad I don't drink Red Bull...seen what it does to all my students and refrain on a matter of principle).
CAMPING:
Q asked me what I wanted to do for our 1st Thursday together and I requested camping. I even made organic fat free "hobo" dinners! {Q gets Thursdays off instead of Saturdays so now that I am on summer break we finally get to spend our days off together}
MORE LAKE:
This was actually my first trip out this summer- I've been 3 times since. We took Matt and Meree Hadley & co, QM, and the Nields.
And of course, we stopped at REWIND!
SPROUTING:
You've heard mention of sprouted grains via este blog before. Let me just say, I am becoming a sprouting queen and will talk your ear off if you want to know about it. Let me just leve it at this: All that so called whole wheat you're buying in the store-NOT GOOD STUFF. In about five minutes I'll be making spruted grain muffins with 5 different grains full of complete amino acids. (p.s. It's helped Q lose 30+ lbs!!!)
GRADUATIONS:
Kathy, Davy, Michael, Steve, and Meg graduated... hmm, who did I miss? It was a big year for grads.
(ABOVE: this is Meg with her boy friend)
3 comments:
When do you sleep?? I'm curious about sprouting... perhaps Saturday- I hope you'll be there.
hey, jealosy.
oh powell ...what a perfectly utopian place...
You look hot!
the lake looks heavenly. fat-free, organic while camping? you've done it again! whatever happened to hot dogs? maybe you could be my personal chef and Q, by the looks of him, could be my personal trainer?
Post a Comment