Yes, we are aware that we are counting our chickens before they hatch.
The skinny is that on exactly October 31st, 2009, Q and I- for the first time ever since New York, will have a little extra money lying around. Hence, we've been lying awake at night pining about what to do with it. The options have come down to three stellar choices:
Fishing Boat {For HEAVEN'S SAKE, I have NEVER heard anyone obsess about something night and day the way that Q will NOT stop begging, pleading, searching, coveting a bass boat- honest to goodness, you've never seen anything like it. It's like he finally found that other limb he never knew he was missing and won't stop tell it's reattached. I have personally viewed over 5 "this-is-the-one's" on KSL.}
Vacation {it's been a long solid while since we packed our suitcases and whipped out our passports. Our Dave Ramsay mentality hasn't allowed for many recreational diversions- so we are thinking that next Christmas might just be the perfect time to head down to Brazil or over to Tahiti... that is, if we can travel zoo top 20 it.}
Cali-King Intelli-bed {I know, seemingly weird candidate for the list but let me just tell you this purchase will be absolutely necessary should we ever want to sleep in the same room again. Don't worry, we still really like each other, it's just that for some crazy reason Q is attached to his 20 year old crater of a bed at his Mom's house. Since we moved in there, his love for the spring pronged mattress has blinded his ability to literally feel the inevitable aches and pains for sleeping in a dip big enough to register a road sign for. Finally, last month, I called it quits... actually my back did. I told him he could join me in the spare bedroom on the "real" mattress when he comes to his senses.}
So there you have it. Some day, one day, one of these amazing options may become reality... but not until after October 31st.
4 comments:
Hey nicole - yes I still have you on bloglines & read your blog (sorry if you mind).
Dave Ramsey messed us up (although in a good way). We save every penny & even though we long ago paid off our debts we still save save save like we have no money.
We did book a disney cruise for november to take our little girl. We Dave Ramsey'd it though ... used some skymiles for our flights to Florida, Marriot points for free hotel room & we donate plasma 2 times a week to help pay for the cruise. Ya we aren't poor & don't have to but it feels so good to pay for things without it coming out of the budget/income.
Vacations make the world go round! As a kid those are most of my favorite memories - so I am totally forking out the cash.
P.S. the new mattress is worth it! We finally said good-bye to aches & pains with the intelli-bed!
i'm all about counting chickens before they hatch. i vote the fishing boat. wait, vacation? oooh, so hard to pick!
I knew I liked you Alana
I'd say a vacation! The most fun of the 3 :)- or the Bass boat.... the most fun for Quinn!
Post a Comment