Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Moses Supposes"


I've been dancing again. Maybe that's why I dropped off the planet last week. Mom asked me if I would learn the Moses Supposes dance from Singing in the Rain for a Broadway Magic fund raiser show and I said, "sure, be delighted." Thing is, she meant the actual Gene Kelly choreography which, if you didn't already know, is a NIGHT MIRROR! I have absolutely no idea how Mom learned it off the movie {she said it took forever and a day } because this thing was a beast just trying to get it from her... and she's the world's BEST tap teacher ever invented. I managed to pull it off- barely- and we (me, mom, my sister Meg, aunt Bea, and cousins) whipped it out last Wednesday and Thursday. I'll have to post the tape later to prove I really did learn it! I may be almost 30, but I still have it baby :)


















Broadway Magic is an annual event in Hurricane. Mark filmed the whole thing and is putting DVD's together to sell. Grandma didn't dance this time but don't worry, she's tapping more than ever. Mom, Meg, and I had to do another number where we ran on stage like nurses and got whistles from on-looking sailors desperate for dames.

















Honestly, it was kind of fun. I judged a clogging competition a few Saturdays ago and it got me to thinking it's probably time to start teaching again... dance I mean. We're thinking of doing a clogging blog with "where are they now" bios for the thousands of students who have come through All American Cloggers. Plus, it's time for another clogging trip!


Forget Disneyland... we're thing Croatia or Greece. I'd really have to start laying of the Cadberry eggs though.... And we'd have to bring back Swamp Thing, Get Me Back to Dixie, and Siamsa. Be fun though. I think I'll hit up community ed once more for our good old spot at the multi-purpose.










I'm just now laughing because Q is right. I'm never content. Oh- BTW, Dave was one of the sailors. Never mind the nerd glasses. Nice FONT mom!

3 comments:

Alana said...

I have to see the video! You go girl.

Amy said...

VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO! (that was me chanting)

Wedig it! said...

Hey Nicole if I move back to St George soon (please, please, let it be so) I definitely want you to teach my two little girls to tap. I love watching tap. I wish I could do it myself. Maybe I'd take lessons from you too. You should start up a studio with Alana.