Saturday, September 20, 2008

FRIDAY NIGHT

When did Friday night become just another night of the week? I hate how it has really lost its luster. It just feels like any other old week day now. Sometimes I even forget that it is Friday because it doesn't even feel like it. Last night, I rode my bike home from work so got a little bit of a workout. Got home, got ready and went to the Dixie High football game because Nicole was doing a thing at half time. On my way to the game, I thought to myself how nice it was to be going somewhere on a Friday night. See, I love to do things, go places, and be with people. I could do someting almose every night if I could get other people to go for it. Anyway, so I go to the game, sit there by myself until Mark came, then we watched the half time thing and the 3rd quarter and then decided to leave. I saw all these kids having fun, going places after the game and everything else. And us....... we just went home.

7 comments:

Nield Family said...

Oh please!! "if I could get other people to go for it!!" You should have put an asterisk by that comment that eluded us from being in the same category as all your other friends. You know if you called we would do our best to make something happen. Or if you answered you phone. You need to check yourself!

Nic said...

Q- What do you mean??? Friday nights are THE BEST!!!! At least for me. Something about teaching school has left the luster in them. Just the option of sleeping in until 10 the next morning is enough to keep me going strong. Besides... not many people play like we do. Vegas on a school night!?!?! We're not 30 yet!

Alana said...

I know! I remember when Nicole and I went to a movie months ago. It was a first outing for me post- Anika and I was in shock... I forgot people left their homes after dark. I was so jealous that people had this kind of fun all the time. There is, indeed, a certain feeling to Friday night. Makes me want to wear lipstick.

Amy said...

Ok I think I did a post very similar to this one a few weeks ago. That just goes to show that we too would be in for anything on any day of the week you just never ask. Busted!

Anonymous said...

See - this is how Quinn is. Nick and Jules are exactly right. He throws out that "if other people would go for it" then ends up being one of the "other people" himself. Sorry Quinn I know I'll catch some heat for this - but all you have to do is call. I would have even stayed to watch the fourth quarter with you, gone to denny's for a french slam and a hot cocoa, possibly alberto's for a churro or two, and then back to my place for Starsky and Hutch.

Megan said...

HAHA...You two Hadley's make me laugh! :D
Nicole...All I've gotta say for Friday night is...You ROCKED IT out there! You still totally got it! Awesome Job! It's nice to see you still bleed blue!
As for Quinn...Me n' Kat are always up for comin' over for a Laguna or Hill's night...ANYTIME you guys are up for it! Remember when we would always say we were gonna do that...and it NEVER happened?!?!

Quinn said...

Whoa...Whoa..... I wasn't looking for an arguement. Let's face it, it's harder to do things with kids. It seems like most of the time, nobody can do anything when I ask because of kids. But, that's not what the post was mostly about. I'm saying that I don't do as much as I used to even and I hate that. It was just hard seeing people doing stuff on Friday Night. I think my job has a lot to do with it too because I work every Saturday.

Oh, and by the way... the Party is canceled!!