



Alls you dolls and birds are invited to the cat's meow speakeasy this side of East Egg. Make a clean sneak Saturday night from the tins and drift to the Pine Valley drum. Bring your oysters and marbles, do up your best map, and pass the jaw and barber onto any mugs, tomatoes, or molls you know.




Bring something to take on and doll up real nice cause you might take the bounce if you don't. That's the cop, so tighten the screws onto your squeezes and pals to ankle up. The sing is, we're real excited to see you! P.S. Leave your shells, shysters, and snoopers at home and you'll be in a real shine if you don't remember the ticket. It's
HOOFER.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRANSLATION:



We're having a party- and you (yes you) are invited. The catch is that this isn't any normal party. After much input, we've decided to theme the night around the 1920's (Q's idea). What does that mean for you? You've got 2 weeks to come up with a swanky costume. I'll post some pictures to help.
WHEN: Saturday September 27th, 7:00. Spend the night if you want.
WHERE: The Pine Valley Cabin (if you don't know where this is, send us a comment and
we'll get it to you)
WHY: Because we've decided to become social
WHAT: 1920's theme (yes, you need to dress appropriately)
BRING: A treat to share and a change of clothes for church if you want to spend the night
HOW: There will be pictures, a Charleston contest, games, The Great Gatsby, and prizes for
best costumes
WHO: You, if we've even remotely heard of your name... and you can bring a friend.
(Quinn says leave the little tykes at home-This joint isn't keen for kids)
See COSTUME ideas HERE or HERE.

***Leave us a comment if you're in on this action
5 comments:
Haha! Thanks for the TRANSLATION! I caught the jist of what was being said on the first Announcement...but now I really know what's going on! I'm FRICKIN' bummed though...cuz I'm not sure if I can make it! :( Kathryn invited me to go to Lake Powell that weekend (Possibly Mark and his friends are going too...) so I don't know if that's still going down or not! If I'll be in town though...I'M SOOO THERE!!! Flapper costume and ALL! :D
PS. Thanks for the Comment on the Blog Quinn! I really am sinking hard core in Physiology! :( I'm great with anatomy so far, but I don't get Phys AT ALL! (it's only been like 3 weeks) and Nicole...THANKS SO MUCH for bringin' me the cards today! You are one INCREDIBLE girly! :) I love all of'em!!!
You KNOW I am so totally in... and looking forward to wearing red lipstick. I'm a little worried about seeing Brandon dressed up... could, no will, go awry. My only reservation is that I could be working? I don't want to miss this.
I once owned a Dick Tracy costume. Again, you thought you knew me.
Robb is TOTALLY stepping out of his security box and we are in.
If I lived closer, I would be coming for sure-SO sad that we don't live in the same town! I would love that!
Post a Comment