I just did our taxes. Me. Mio. Yo. Suffice it to say, we will NOT be getting a refund this year. Quite the opposite. Actually, I did manage to get our $ due down quite a bit by finding somethings I missed: Education expenses (the max is $250) but I claimed that for Q and me both because I spent at least that on Persepolis copies alone... and personal contributions to 401Ks etc. I also claimed $$$ for work expenses like uniforms and supplies and miles. Is that ethical? Someone please help me sleep at night!
We will absolutely be upping our deductions the minute I get back to work next week. That KILLED us this year! Plus, over 12,000$ in interest on the mortgage and it still didn't compenstate for losing that tuition expense we've been so used to claiming all our married life.
No refund this year. Ug.
No use complaining to dad though. I called him to whine and all he did was text me back about some child credit?
1 comment:
Ick, I hate owing! And your dad's text is too funny.
Post a Comment