Guide to Spring Break, consolation style: Tips for those who didn't make it to Hawaii or NYC this year.
Start out by making you and hubs a strawberry parfait while watching Studio 5.
P.S. I LOVE LOVE am addicted to LOVE Studio 5! So classic small town Utah corny-ness all wrapped up in a morning talk show! This little hour of delight happens to be my most cherished secret indulgence of summer! Oh how I can't wait for endless summer reruns with Darren and Brooke! With segments on pickle pie and a regular dairy spot you can't go wrong. Don't forget the monthly themes. Incidentally, March is "get creative month." Thanks to studio 5 I've already learned, just over the short spread of Spring Break, how to make a book out of flip flops, the secret ingredient in Rumbi's teriaki bowl, and how best to serve my neighbors a frozen dessert! Never mind the fact that I'll never do any of those things- the important part is knowing how right?! Please bless that when I have kids their nap time is from 11-12, Mon-Friday!
P.S. I LOVE LOVE am addicted to LOVE Studio 5! So classic small town Utah corny-ness all wrapped up in a morning talk show! This little hour of delight happens to be my most cherished secret indulgence of summer! Oh how I can't wait for endless summer reruns with Darren and Brooke! With segments on pickle pie and a regular dairy spot you can't go wrong. Don't forget the monthly themes. Incidentally, March is "get creative month." Thanks to studio 5 I've already learned, just over the short spread of Spring Break, how to make a book out of flip flops, the secret ingredient in Rumbi's teriaki bowl, and how best to serve my neighbors a frozen dessert! Never mind the fact that I'll never do any of those things- the important part is knowing how right?! Please bless that when I have kids their nap time is from 11-12, Mon-Friday!
Hike Hidden Canyon-remember all your high school memories of hiking this trail almost weekly-miss your friends-enjoy your hub's extremely funny comical whips
(i.e.: "I've never been into dinosaurs, I just don't get it").
Back to the lodge for a nap on the grass.
Extremely swankety-swank dinner at Switchback- get the choco-covered strawberries.
Stay the night at Dave's hotel, admire the impressive toilets that the host raved about for 15 minutes before checking you in (yes, they really can flush 8 hot dogs down at once).
Head back to SGU by 10 to work the BAR for the day.
...And later, back at work:
Dad's yearly struggle with the sprinklers.
OH DAVID!
Mom, Meg, She She, and I saw David Archulta again last night. It wasn't the massive sonic boom that was the SLC Idol tour, but still pretty fun. He has an amazing voice! My fave are his ballads, especially "you can." We were on row D which was great but I was a little disappointed that he didn't call me up on stage! I totally banked on it. Never mind the fact that I was swooning along with most of my students. As an added bonus we spotted this dude (below):
Is this "man" seriously sporting a purse AND wrap? (...I use the term "man" loosely)
2 comments:
studio 5, i take one issue. doesn't darren remind you of a ventriloquist's doll? something about his chin is distinctly marionette. never mind his lisp. but who am i to judge?
zion looks amazing. we went up there the other week. this is the best time of year- before the tourists get there. i am loving quinn's nra shirt he's sporting.
unsure about the man with the murse.
Oh Nicole, you are the funniest... not to mention you have the best times, there is just something about your writing that brings a smile to my face. I am so sad we can't hang out more often. I am also sad I will be missing David's concert up here this Friday because I have to work, boo!
Post a Comment