Check out the new pull system at Antelope Marina. No need for a boat! You wake board right past the restaurant. Above, Mark is showing off his skills.
This was the only time Matt and Ashley could make it down so we got to skip the Stirland family reunion and head back out to Powell. It included one of the longest games of phase 10 I have ever played and a flat tire that meant we didn't get to the lake until 3 am. Seriously, we've got to stop burning the midnight oil. Ashley and I bonded again and she gave me even more free tax advice which leads me to believe I should claim another exemption and switch to a Roth IRA instead of keeping my 401k. I should start tipping her. In fact, it was such a great trip that I lost my mind and actually posed for a full body shot in my swimsuit with a skirt attached. Never thought it happen to me but it has. 2008 is the debut of serious cottage cheese and hip spreadage.... and I haven't even had kids yet. WAAAA!!!
Speaking of calories gained.... Below is the SADDEST picture I have ever beheld. You will never know just how disappointed I was when we pulled into Rewind and were met with nothing but this sign on the door. SERIOUSLY!!!!
..And in a brief respite from Powell, we took Grandma Metcalf out to lunch. Even though we lived close to them all my life, I don't have many memories... actually hardly any memories at all of my grandparents Metcalf. Sad. So we decided it was never too late to start making some. Hello Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks at Olive Garden (oh so not New York real Italian food).
1 comment:
I love all the new posts! I'm glad I have not been out to Powell yet-I would be feeling pretty bad right now!
Ok, so you look AWESOME, and should be posing for more pictures-i love that black swimsuit-very hot!
I can relate to the devistation of Rewind being closed-it is such a let-down! I gain about 10 lbs every time I go home now. I eat lunch and dinner there, and often call in for some shrimp in between. I'm glad yu share the love.
Keep up the great blogging!
Post a Comment