About Quinn: He is a the ultimate manboy. I compiled a list that may shed some insight.
10 things you never knew about Quinn:
1. He has a legitimate fear of Asian men. Just try getting him to China Town.
2. Though he describes himself as the ultimate dog person, just last week he asked me if we could get a cat. When I reminded him that he hates cats he simply said, "I know, but we'll get a good one."
3. Quinn doesn't laugh, he giggles. Don't ask him why he's giggling. He'll tell you something about Pez dispensers and you still won't get it.
4. Quinn sleeps on the couch. Remember when you were a teen and you fell asleep watching TV only to wake up at 4 am with Nick at Nite blaring away and a trail of drool leading from your mouth to a logo ensconced pillowcase? Just last night, around this time in the wee hours of the morn, Quinn woke up and begged me to help him make chocolate chip cookies.
5. Those disgusting chewy gummy (which he pronounces Gumey with a long U) candies that are shaped like hotdogs and odd objects... Quinn lives for those. He buys a huge stash every time we go to Smith and Eddy's in Ogden (the only pace I know of that still sells them).
6. One time Quinn drove all the way to Nebraska and back without sleeping, just to go to Cabellas (the Utah location hadn't opened yet).
7. Quinn hated my guts for exactly 6 months because I moved him to New York. Then, one day in February, he woke up and loved New York and started speaking to me again. I still don't know what changed (it may have had something to do with his first yankee game) but he is affectionately known by many as "Mr. New York" now.
8. Quinn hates his hair in the front right above his high forehead... enough to put a hole in the bathroom wall.
9. Quinn hates tube tops and loves rap and r&b (WHY???)
10. Kids LOVE Quinn. He has as many shadows as kids within proximity. Our primary class staged a Ku (sp?) when Quinn didn't make it one Sunday. I think they like him because he is a kid himself. To prove it, consider the evidence: His scripture case is a Yankees lunchbox, he just spent our last 15 bucks on a Yankees bingo bag he found on ebay, he set a personal goal to sleep with his Yankees blanket (it has fur -yuck) every night.
All men may be boys, but no one defines the term YOUTHFUL EVERVESCENCE like Q! My dad keeps telling me that's part of his charm. Gotta love him!
1 comment:
A Cat??? Rap Music???? Gumey hot dogs???? I am not sure we can still be friends. But....since you giggle I will let the other ones slide.
Amy
Post a Comment