When I heard about this showing of intolerance by the very people who accuse Mormons of their own crime, I didn't feel anger or hate, I immediately felt sadness for them. They have become disillusioned by disguising and confusing their hatred and disappointment with rights. While they forcefully demand others to accept them, they in no way consider others' rights to define themselves according to their own values and standards. We must face them with love, for it is the only force with which to combat hatred. Fear and anger only provide justification for their ludicrous and unfounded intolerance. We must learn to allow the voice of the people to stand when elections have been fairly executed. The only way to fight ignorance is with understanding. Thank you Paul, for your stand and your heartfelt reaction.
-N Had
(My reaction to Paul Bishop, 31-year veteran assault director of the L.A. Police force in charge of protecting the L.A. Temple. Read his amazing article HERE.)
No comments:
Post a Comment