I will never, in all my life, get sick of going back to New York. We are so LUCKY that we got to live right in Manhattan! I'm so glad I pulled Quinn (quite reluctantly) to NYC and I'm even more happy that he came away loving it as much as I do... sometimes I wonder if not more when he starts to tear up describing Yankees games!
On seperate vacations: I highly recommend it. This is not the first time Quinn and I took seperate summe vacations. I think the success of it all began when I went to St. Thomas and he went home for the Deer Hunt back when were living in Manhattan. It worked really well then and continues to soar on our charts today. I think our last trip to NUC in December convinced us that we needed to split up this time. We are just so particular about NYC that it works best that way. If you're into that games, the dives, and more sightseeing than shopping: Quinn's your man. If you breath Broadway, shopping tell you drop, and braving the village for cupcakes: I'm your girl. We both live for the food in NYC so you'll get John's Pizza and a panini with both of us.
This time around, Q and I flew in on different planes, stayed in different hotels in seperate sides of the city, had different agendas, met up with different people, and even stayed there different days. OK- for the sentimental folks in the peanut gallery that think we need some sort of intense marriage counselling... we did manage to hook up for dinner at Alfredo's in Rockefeller one evening. That's it though. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid- but my NY stay was perfect and I think he'll say the same about his. We're just too partial when it comes to our favorite place on earth.
BELOW: Fulton Station is being completely renovated. Luckily we know our way around the city and the trains so we didn't skip a beat!
BELOW: Mom and I just finished 3 hours of Auvi and Offer's tap workshop at the Broadway Dance Center.
BELOW: The Met was packed. I don't know know how they did it, but in the time it took me to explore the Eqyptian wing, Matt and Ash hit everything from Greek Urns to European Art.
BELOW: Central Park was gorgeous and I wolfed down a coconut bar in honor of Alana- Oh those things are good!
BELOW: These are more pics from "The best day on earth." I spent a fortune at MAC, but that makeup is TOTALLY worth it.
BELOW: We went to our old ward. Mom said, "boy, this ward is sure taking the multiply and replenish the earth thing seriously." There were SOOO many new kids.
ABOVE: Bet you can't guess what's in the bag. I got a slice everytime we walked past. Lisa's has the best Pizza Bianca in the city. Oh what I wouldn't give for some now.
1 comment:
Amen! I crave Lisa's pizza ALL day long! I would give ANYTHING for a slice right now! mmmmm....
Post a Comment