....that said.... here's what we've been up too:
THE GAWDEN (as we say in Manhatten)
This year's success rate has taken a DRASTIC blow. We didn't fertilize, thinking the fruits of our labors last year were simply due to our industrious green thumbs... big mistake. One major oddity: Check out our hybrid. I believe it is a green and yellow squash mix, at least that's what it tastes like. The tomatoes are not giving it up and they're causing us great grief. None-the-less, we have been able to enjoy some gawden dinners and have wisened up to the notion of plant rotation for next year's crop.
MEREE turns the big 22!
At 22 I was graduating from college, on my way to start a graduate degree in San Francisco, spending all my money on MAC products, and planning exotic trips. Never once did I think of marriage or domesticating myself. Meree at 22 is the likeness of Mother Teresa only with far greater challenges. She is raising two teenage boys and a baby... plus Matt (her husband). She is also an orphan. Sheesh- that's the half of it. She is my hero. Always happy, always cheerful. Plus she makes really good enchiladas. By the way- I'm becomming more domesticated by the summer (someone please tell my mother-in-law). For Meree's B-Day I whipped out a spontaneous home-made yogurt cake with soy milk cream cheese frosting (oxymoron)! I've also made dinner, done the laundry, and cleaned several times since school let out.
AND HERE'S THE BIG FAT NEWS!!!!
We put $10,000.00 additional principal down on our mortgage this month! This was a big moment for me so I snapped a picture. I'm trying to remember if I've ever written a check out for this much money before... no- when we paid off the truck it was 7,000. Thinking out loud... anyway, this is huge! Don't go thinking we have money, especially now. We scrimped and saved pennies to do this and it won't really even make a dent. Alas, why does St. George housing have to be so darn expensive. Will we ever build a house?
PS: I've also started scrapblogging- though it's mostly just experimenting until I get better internet. I tried uploading my pages on blogspot but they don't work very well so you can visit my pages here or at www.scrapblog.com/hadley
It's a pretty cool online scrapping site. Check it out if you haven't discovered it yet. The best part is that it's totally free and you can order the pages!
2 comments:
I am indeed "going and thinking you have money." You guys have more money than anyone our age that I personally know. It's OK, don't be ashamed. Well, I guess anything can happen with some planning and pinching... you guys just seem so responsible and on top of things.
Wow, you have been busy this summer...I'm glad it's doing something you enjoy :) Now when are you going to come and visit us up here? You promised, and the summer is going quick...
Post a Comment