Saturday, July 28, 2012

subject in observance finds a new and defiant way to protest

As luck would have it, the day Annie turned 2 also became the day she was oh so terrible. Usher in the terrible twos with a defiant nap refuser.  Over 3 hours of me trying to get her to sleep and twice I walked in to discover she had stripped down to her birthday suit!

As long as I didn't make her take a nap, she was a darling birthday girl.
She loved her new birthday outfit and was so excited for birthday photos.
 
A few days ago Annie said she wanted cupcakes (like the ones on her pj's).
Luckily (or lazily) the banners from Meg's bridal shower way back in May have remain intact.  I added our family Party pendent and Happy Birthday pendent, pulled out Annie's birthday posters, and WALLA, instant party decore!  Annie loved looking at her baby photos but she kept saying that most of them are Violet.
 
Annie invited Megan, Taylor, Mark, and Kell to watch her open presents.  It was a small birthday affair.
 Annie was most thrilled with a few new clothing items from Ma Indy (Grandma Cindy).  We were sad none of her grandparents could attend.
Mom and Annie open the big one.  It was difficult holding her off on this one all day. Three seconds after she woke up, she had opened 2 of her little presents so I had to lift all of her gifts way up high until her official party that night.
And the very next day...This is what Annie is doing right now on our back porch.   She is soaking wet and loving life.  The only problem is she keeps climbing up into the basin and trying to slide down the mini water slide.
 
 Of course I can't leave you without a Violet update.  Here she is today during a rare moment when she was awake.  She is doing so much better since I eliminated dairy (ug) and it has only been 2 days.  I did, however, eat no less than 3 of Annie's cupcakes so this respite may end.  Still fussy but not like before.  I do have a feeling it's going to be another all-nighter with her day-long nap today.  Wish us luck.  I need to make it to church tomorrow now that I am finally feeling normal.  It is just so tempting to stay home during that time since it is the only time Violet usually sleeps well and I can send Annie away with Q.  I can't believe I've come to this.
I just want to snuggle this little bundle all day!  Hmm- A few last weeks or freedom.  I think I will.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Oh my gosh, Annie is so funny! Can Ben please marry her? That is hilarious she strips naked... what a character. Happy Birthday, Annie! What is that water thing and where do I get one? Ben needs that for our back porch, fo shizzle! You totally can stay home girl... I never go back to church unless it's been 6 weeks... you better believe I milk that for all it's worth.

ash met said...

Hey I've been thinking about you - and no dairy. Good news, 2 of my friends babies grew out of it at 3 or 4 months - so it might not be long term. AND I thought I might give you a few helpful hints. butter substitute: best life (green tub, olive oil based - not great for baking), milk substitute - my favorite was almond breeze almond milk made by blue diamond its got the best consistency and it bakes great - think french toast, pancakes, waffles, etc. Mayo is dairy free - thats a plus. And duncan heinz cake mixes and frosting are mostly milk free. So are pillsbury brand brownie mixes (the original). And last but not least - shortening makes good cookies - gingersnaps, oatmeal, and snickerdoodles are dynamite! Sad we missed the big Annie bash! She is so great! We miss you guys so much! Keep up the good blogging - it makes us feel like we don't live so far away! Give Violet a big squeeze for me - she's so adorable!