oKAY- So today is the first day I have felt like a human being again and my am I depressed that I have missed so many great Violet moments! How about some catch up:
Labor and Delivery
Now that I think of it, we got an extra bonus day out of our insurance since it took about 15 hours to deliver Violet and they don't start counting until her actual debut. Whew- that was hard work. Still- way too much time in this room. Annie demanded to hold Violet right away and has not stopped giving her kisses ever since.

Recovery:
When they said I only had two days to figure out how to function at home, I can't remember if I started crying or laughing. Either way, it was bad. Poor baby V. We didn't get to bond for quite some time but it sure opened the door for Q to fall in love with his new little girl. He held Violet for almost 2 days straight.
Going Home
Here we are going home from the hospital. We still can't believe we have two little girls! Poor Violet had to wear blue for a few days before I could get some of Annie's old things washed. Q had a huge vase of Violets waiting for us when we got home.
Visitors
We did not have many visitors this go because i was so sick. Just a few great grandparents and some quiet days with V. We even sent Annie away to Lake Powell for the better part of the week.
5 comments:
Congratulations on another baby girl! Annie looks so old holding a baby sister. My little girl Lily was born Aug 7 2010 so they are close in age. I have fun checking your blog once in a while. My first three kids were just under 2 years apart. If I were still on track I would have another baby by now. It seems crazy because Im not even pregnant. These pictures make me a little sad that Lily is still our baby and there is not another on the way =). Beautiful girls!
Nic... I'm glad baby Violet is FINALLY here! She's beautiful, and absolutely perfect! :) So happy for you guys, and I can't wait to meet her in REAL LIFE! Hope your recovery goes smoothly!
Oh Nicole, I've been worried about you! I hope you are okay. I need to get the scoop on what happened. I hope you are feeling better...get lots and lots of sleep. And the girls are just too cute!
Oh that violet is SO adorable!!! I love the pictures of her and annie- such a special little bond already. Oh how I LOVE little girls!!!!! I hope your recovery is coming along. Trust me when I say I know what your going through- so so rough. Regardless, you look amazing in all the pictures! Hope to see you and V soon! Oh p.s. the other day, abbi asked if we could go to Annie's house.... Oh how I wished the answer could have been yes!
She's perfect! I can't wait to see her in real life. I check your blog every day but our computer was broken so I had to use the one we use for our TV and was too lazy to get the keyboard all the way out from under the TV (3 feet away!) and comment. Wow, I'm lazy. But computer is back and now I can muster the strength to get to the keyboard and type. Also, we dropped off the planet with the most horrible flu all last week. So I will wait until we are good and sober from our virus to see you guys. But I can't wait to see you guys!!! Hang in there with the recovery.
Post a Comment