Or I could blog... because after all, it is a fine and rare occasion when both my girls are asleep at the same time. Why would I waste these few precious minutes on cleaning?
My parents are Flying Alaska. No really- but unlike that Discovery show, they have more wits about them. Seriously, who is going to pay Ariel to take them on a private flight in a small plane over Alaska? They are gone forever. Good for them, boring for us. I am super spoiled living next door to my parents. They always have something going on and now all is quiet. Well- quiet plus a LOT of baby crying at our place- Annie included. Before they left, however, we spotted this amazing rainbow out our front door. The summer thunderstorms this week have been terrific!
You may also thrill with delight to discover that I have started exiting the building! That's right- feeling human again and I am slowly venturing out. I have even taken the girls on a few walks which Violet loves.
Annie remains spirited to say the least. Her sleeping patterns are about as bad as Violet's and we are going crazy with all nighters. We finally had to split up the duty between girls. Q takes Annie and I take Baby V. Neither one of us has slept in a month. Help! Muphy's law: the girls are also NEVER sleeping at the same time so when I'm flying solo, absolutely nothing gets done. Yesterday it took me 3 tries each to get the girls to sleep. That's 6 tries total of coaxing one girl to sleep while the other is screaming. At one point I heard a huge thud in Annie's crib. Thuds are extremely normal to hear coming from Annie in her crib but this one was followed by a particularly loud shrill. I walked into to blood. I still don't know how she injured her eye. All she will say is,"sleep, hurt! huh?"
We think Violet is lactose intolerant- which may be why she is so fussy. I am super depressed about it because what is life without milk? I honestly don't know if I can do this. I've got a lot of fortitude but not a lot of will power. This could be rough. Sweet little girl though. I am such a lucky mom. Two girls in a row and close together! My wildest dreams come true.

4 comments:
Sooo cute they both are! Newborns suck, huh? Seriously, why did God make it so hard? A book that pretty much saved my life is HEALTH SLEEP HABITS, HAPPY CHILD. I didn't read it until Anika was 9 months old but it saved us! I agree, the thunderstorms have been amazing and pretty much the saving grace of summer. Poor little Violet... I hope she gets feeling better and especially that the MAMA gets feeling better... if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
that's HEALTHY SLEEP... obvs.
Those are two darling girls! I hope little V doesn't have a milk issue ...been there and it's not pretty. I will pray for you! In other news I want to come snuggle little Violet all day! At first I thought she looked like Annie, but now she's got her own look! Good luck with everything!
I'm sorry to hear things are rough. The book Alana recommended was helpful to me as well with Jonah. He was super fussy as a baby. We eventually found out he had acid reflux, which is what was mostly making him so sad. Good luck, I hope you start getting some more sleep at least.
Post a Comment