Friday, May 25, 2012

"This. Just not at midnight."

On Monday I was baking away - and swearing - at midnight.  The last week of school is always hectic.  I lamented to Q.  It went like this:

me:  "HONESTLY, what DO women do all day who don't have to work?"

Q:   "This.  Just not at midnight."

We both started laughing.  There was many a time this year when I had to suck it up and deal with work.  More later...but, THAT my friends, is in the past.  Starting today I officially have a two and half month vacation!  Can you believe it?  This is our first summer without moving or renovating!  My my, whatever will we do?  Well, for starters, may I just say that I woke up early this morning and cleaned my whole house.  It looks gorgeous. I even watched half an episode of Downton Abbey (before Porter walked in on the kissing scene and I had to turn it off - drat).

So that awful night (and so many others like them) when I needed way more hours in the day for what needed to be accomplished which pushed cookie-making for co-workers into the post midnight hours, THOSE nights are in the past.  I get to be a certified stay-at-home mom for 2 months.  Life is bliss.  Someone reminded me yesterday that I was jumping the gun on thinking I have vacation time coming because I'm having a baby in two weeks.  OH-CONTRAIRE I quickly corrected them, compared to this past year, having a baby will be a cake walk.  I'm even looking forward to my catheder at the hospital.  TMI? 

Annie (aka:  Little Mommy) requires a front row seat to any baking I do.  She is going strong at 11pm here.  It took more than a few spills before I figured out I should give her her own bowl to mix her own cookies in.  Duh.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Quinn's quote is awesome. I love those moments when laughter suddenly comes and it just melts away all the worries. Ahhh, summer! So happy for you to finally relax!

K Worthington said...

HA! I think in a short amount of time you will know what stay at home moms do all day! Around these parts, going to work almost seems like a "break"! Love all the posts! Excited to see you guys next week!