Sunday, May 27, 2012

He is a much better man than I

Just yesterday Q ran into someone I went to high school with.  This someone basically said to Q that he should feel honored to be in his presence and the presence of his family because they were so rich and at least four of them were millionaires.  My Q, my perfect Q, simply replied, "cool."

Well, Q is a much better man than I because I can think of at least 7 come back lines that would include rude, sarcastic remarks. There is no way I could have let something like that slide with grace and humility on my part.  It's times like these when I am most proud to be married to Q... a real man who is ten gazillion times more fantastic than any rich millionaire!!!

Speaking of fantastic:
 I'm not quite sure how it was managed, but the day after school got out, I put on this fantastic bridal shower for my sister Megan.  Never mind the fact that my body hurt so wretchedly from teaching dance the day before (really, that was one week too many- my baby dropped this week and all that bouncing was no bueno).  It took 3 days to recover.
I even made and strung way cute banners that I am planning to leave up all summer because Annie and I love waking up to them.



And I made these fabulous clothespins covered in ribbon and lace...



 Check out our new rug.  New Zealand wool and it is 12 x 9.  Got it for a dream at the overstock warehouse!
 It is still quite unreal to see little Meg so close to getting hitched,
 I bought these darling candle magnets at 50% off and am now wishing I had picked up all of them.
 Also splurged on this party banner. Planned to give it away as a gift but in the end I couldn't part with it.
 A few extra details...











 The guest of honor:
 And some really awesome hair the morning after:

1 comment:

Alana said...

Wow! You should have thrown your own baby shower. I just don't have it in me- are you on speed? Ritalin?