Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And so, with great reluctance, I give you my photograph.

About Quinn:  He is pretty terrific.  But you probably already knew that. We are enjoying the good life now... well maybe not Q this week.  He is working like crazy, but as for Annie and I- we are seriously catching up.  Yesterday I took her to a park for the first time and we had so much fun, we went again later that evening.  Nearly every night we sit outside on our front patio and eat dinner while we watch cars and people go by.  It is so awesome to have a front yard.   I think Q would rather be doing yard work than extra work at the parlor, but I'm sure he is glad to have a break from yard work for a bit. Right now he is down to the last decision.  We have $60 of yard money left and he is debating between one more landscape rock or a nice outdoor light for the patio.  In the meantime, we are gearing up for Meg's wedding this Saturday and then it is the single digit countdown to baby.  A good respite in life indeed.  Here are a few photos from May's final front yard completion:

Q's family lives in our basement apartment.  We see them almost every day and eat dinner together a few times a week.  Meree is having another baby.  That will make 11 people living in this amazing house.  Sometimes I pat the walls and tell my house, "Way to go house, 11 people. Look at you go!"
Annie's has two little cousins who live with us.  She is pretty competitive with Owen who is her age, but idolizes Porter.  She loves to be near him and follows him wherever he goes.

 Annie also really loves juice.  She is so good not to spill and squeeze too hard.  She loves sitting on the front steps and sipping her juice but usually requests company as she sits and sips which means lugging my huge tummy up and down.


The grass is so green, which is so much better than looking out at dirt all day.  Annie says,"green grass grow go dad!" as we admire it daily.  I've also noticed a huge decrease in dust... at least in the front of the house.  There are still a few spots to reseed but overall, considering the slope we started with a year & 1/2 ago, it's coming along nicely.

I requested this Flamingo Maple and it is still alive [which is more than we can say of  more than a few things we have planted].  We have 3 shares of irrigation water which is awesome, it means we can afford all this grass, but it also means one more obstacle in the way of some of our young plants from making it since the Ph or something like it isn't as perfect as culinary water.
And so, with great reluctance, I give you my photograph.  You know it's bad when your tummy even pops out of your hubby's T-shirts.  Although, might I add that I just ordered some terrific and stylish hospital gowns online and I'm kind of excited about it.
We are so proud of our house!  We couldn't be happier if it was the Taj Mahal.  Actually, that isn't a good comparison because India kind of scares me.  Anyhow, it's getting closer and closer to our vision every few months.  It is super fun to see our hard work proove results in reality.  We can hardly wait to paint the outside and start on the back.  Alas, we must.  We've got to buy a baby and a new car this summer. So  my advice is GO for the fixer-upper.  You have to be patient and work forever, but you just might fall in love with your house and the process of molding it into your vision like we have.

1 comment:

ash met said...

SO SAD I missed that adorable shower. The truth is that I love bridal/baby showers and I'm so bummed. The food makes my mouth water just looking at the pics, you are amazing! And the yard looks FAB! I CAN'T wait to see it in person...see you in like a day! Hooray!!