Dad took us to the airshow a while back. Despite the loud jets, Annie LOVED the event. Ever since, she identifies a plane whenever she sees or hears one. Traffic was insane so we waited things out inside Dad's hangar eating sandwiches and snacks when it was over.
The backyard continues to look ghetto- and will so until August at least. Luckily we were donated one piece of fabulous sod and it has saved us! The kids love to be outside. We are nearly complete with our front yard and cannot wait until we can start on our backyard plans. Alas, the funds have been depleted. I experienced a huge bout of ... shall we say bitterness? I might as well. Frustration didn't quite nail the head yesterday. I was mad because I have to use my work money to pay for my new baby when so many other people just hop on the welfare train and walk away with free medical insurance when they have their kids. It was brief, but sharp. I wish I didn't have to work to pay for my babies even when we do have pretty good insurance. I wish I could take that money and buy a killer play set and start landscaping our yard. I'm done. Feeling quite blessed now, but every now and then I get depressed when I think about government assistance. Sometimes it seems I am the only person in the world who doesn't want it.
So I'm 9 months with child and it is quite obvious. I'm to the point now where it's all I can do to make it through work before running home and throwing on one of Q's soft T-shirts. He has decided to relegate my selection because he thinks I'm getting stains on all of midsections where my massive tummy sticks out. I guess he has an argument there. I will make it passed the end of school and Megan's wedding in the nick of time. We really cut it close with this one but I am so glad to have summer vacation on the other side of this baby. With Annie, I had a C-section and went back to work just over a week later. This time I will have exactly 2 full months to find a routine. Thank heaven. We have been going warp speed for so long and I'm anxious to not be in constant survival mode. I may even learn how to thread my sewing machine again!
For now, Q's brother who lives with us [Matt] runs his cement business out of our back yard so he has all this construction stuff parked back there. Anyway, last week Megan was babysitting Annie when some of his guys came back into the yard to pick up some tools and a truck. It scared her so bad she said she almost called the police. Annie likes when Matt's guys come back to get stuff. She calls all of them "MATT" and says "BUH-BYE" to them as they drive away. May I say, we have been quite blessed to have Matt help us with so many miles of cement and more to go. I've decided that everyone should have a cement guy in their family!
Have I mentioned that I am head over heels in love with my house? And my esteem grows deeper each day. I cannot believe I am one of the lucky people who gets to be perfectly happy with where they live. I sit everyday in a new spot and look at my house with adoration. It's not perfect and I have so many projects in mind, but in a way I think that's one of the big things I love about it. It has so much potential. We get to mold it. This house is my heart. A few weeks ago my favorite day dream was picturing the porch redone to match the beauty of my hanging flowers. These flowers are one of the few bright spots in the yard. Someday we'll paint and add patio furniture and I'll rock my new baby while watching Q play baseball. Oh- and let's add some lemonade to the equation for good measure. Doesn't that sound fantastic? The amazing part is that, even though we have to wait a while and work really hard, it's a daydream that will come true! This house is my dream house. I'm so blessed.
All I want is sugar. And i feel so sick all the time but I can't restrain myself. It was this way when I was expecting Annie (who we were positive was a boy right to the end). I am sorry to report that I have passed my horrible addiction of sweets onto this little girl. Scarce is a day we can overcome without at least one package of fruit snacks, a popsicle, and some sort of baked good like this home made Oreo cookie. That's it, I am vowing to make a big chef salad for dinner tonight. Never mind my plans to bake nano bars afterward.
One Last Thing:
On the days I don't work, I curl Annie's hair. It is so dang fun having a girl. She sits still and plays with my perfume while I curl and then requests hairspray and one of her favorite bows. When we are finished, she runs to the full length mirror in my room to inspect the result and says "PRETTY" and "CUTE" as she turns around. She also picks out her own outfits and we are full-fledged house players with her baby doll, little kitchen, and Flavia & George (her stuffed animals). Is there anything better than having a little girl?
NO! 2 please!
2 comments:
What is wrong with me? I totally didn't realize you were 9 months already! Now I am feeling an urgency to get to the movie with you before you have this baby! I know the feeling about the cost of babies. I would have another soon if we could pay for it. Ben cost about $7,000!!! I suppose he was worth it. Little girls ARE so sweet and so much fun. I can't wait to find out what that little baby is!
Try working in a pharmacy and seeing people who get their prescriptions for "free" and have their carts loaded with lots of goodies all of the time... don't get me started. :) I'm totally with ya.
Post a Comment