Saturday, January 01, 2011

Momdom


I didn't just make the bed- I disassembled, washed, and reassembled the duvet and duvet cover. We have a California King so this is no small feat. It fact, I worked up quite a sweat. Needless to say, I deem this task photo-worthy!

Annie was fascinated by this candle but I couldn't quite catch her mesmerized by it on film because we have trained her to smile for cameras. As soon as she sees the Nikon come out, she will stop whatever she is doing and grin for the lens, no matter the coolness of a flickering flame. This was one of our amazing late and lazy mornings during Christmas vacation. I got a huge taste of stay-at-home momdom and it is awesome. I need to figure out a way to stay at home and still collect a pay check.... Don't we all? :)

Mom and Dad finally bought a new couch for the cabin. We all wish we could bring it home and put it in our living rooms. Meg and Annie tested it out while Q and I went to the Brand'in Iron Restaurant for his work Christmas party. Thank heavens for Meg, her complete devotion to Annie, and Annie's absolute love of Meg. Built in baby-sitter. Mom was right. When I was a teen and "stuck" watching my little brothers and sister, mom would always say one day I'd be glad I had them to pay me back for all that babysitting. Boy am I ever!

Annie could care less if she matches...
...and I should care less too. Clean, warm, and ready for story time
after a long day of mom gone at work is all that matters.



1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh she's the cutest thing! I love how you trained her for the lens!