Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year; grilling pancakes in the snow

We spent New Year's Day in Pine Valley. The power went out in the early AM so we woke up to some brisk weather inside a normally toasty cabin. It wasn't too bad inside but it was FREEZING outside. We put Annie's bunny ears to good use and Dad grilled Mom's famous buttermilk pancakes outside on the BBQ. He was out there in his snow boots flipping flap jacks when the power came back on. We didn't have the heart to tell him so we just let him finish.

Annie is in love with her right leg/foot. It is constantly in motion and being tasted.
We lounged about pledging ourselves to LAST BITES of this and that before diets started.

I tackled the PV snow hill to help compensate for my extremely slothful last 6 months.

Annie enjoyed the action and attention.

AS FOR RESOLUTIONS
HERS:
  1. Journal every night
  2. Be one with Quinn
  3. Go to the Mormon temple 10 times
  4. Use grocery coupons
  5. Write a novel
  6. Buy a house
  7. Save over $xxx/month*
  8. Write and send letters
  9. Remember Hadley family birthdays
  10. Lose 20 pounds
  11. Baby #2 please

HIS:
  1. Look out for Jane Doe*
  2. 100% Home Teaching
  3. Fast once/month
  4. Write and send letters to Brasil
  5. Pray often and read scriptures daily
  6. Put Nic and Annie first
  7. Make more money/Save more money
  8. Hold Family Home Evening once/week
  9. Be the man Dad taught me to be
  10. Read the LDS Conference talks I have missed
*This information not available to the public.

2 comments:

K Worthington said...

LOVE the bunny ears beanie!! What a little fashionista. Ok, i'm sure it seems like I say somthing of this sort on all your posts, but ok-the right leg thing....Abbi and Liv always ALWAYS kick their right leg-furiously! I keep meaning to catch it on video so I can post it on the girls' blog. Are L, A and A so similar or what?! They must be bosom friends from Heaven : )
Good resolutions:) I hope your diet is going better then mine.

Erika said...

Cutie girl and great resolutions. I love the image of your pops flipping flapjacks. Too fun. Oh and as for Blurb...yes, I've used them for 2007 and 2008 books and will order them again. I thought they were great and reasonably priced!