PoiPu
When we go to Hawaii, we always stay in Kauai-
and when we go to Kauai, we always stay at Poipu.

(Above) this is on the lawn of the PoiPu Plantation which stretches straight to the beach. It's fabulous. This pic is also about 5 minutes before we had to leave and come home. Oh the agony.


and when we go to Kauai, we always stay at Poipu.
(Above) this is on the lawn of the PoiPu Plantation which stretches straight to the beach. It's fabulous. This pic is also about 5 minutes before we had to leave and come home. Oh the agony.
The Marriott Condos are right on PoiPu and this is where we spend most of our time.
It's the best place to watch sunsets, get crazy expensive Pina Coladas, and sit on the beach.
It's the best place to watch sunsets, get crazy expensive Pina Coladas, and sit on the beach.
PoiPu is also one of the few places we can get my mom to relax.
(Below) This is our second sunset of the trip. By this time Q had finally made it to Kauai after a nightmare-ish flight cancellation and unplanned layover in LA.
(Below) Earlier that day, Q discovered one of the great joys of his life: The Lave Flow. This has always been our favorite drink but at the Marriott beach bar they actually have a name for it! It's a Pina Colada layered with fresh Strawberry puree. Q surprised our moms with one as they sat on the beach and watched for whales.
He must have spent at least $200 on these drinks he got so many.
He must have spent at least $200 on these drinks he got so many.
(Below) Q met a guy who comes to PoiPu every night at dusk to catch his dinner.
I think Q would consider leaving me for this man if it meant he could tag along everyday.
I think Q would consider leaving me for this man if it meant he could tag along everyday.
(Below) Day 1, Sheila's first step onto Hawaiian beach sand.
(Below) Turtles and seals sunbathe every day on PoiPu. It is so funny watching them scoot and roll back into the sea. We set up camp right next to this seal (not to be confused with me).
(Below) A great day of play
(or in my case, sitting in a lawn chair, a tube, or on a towel for 8 hours).
N + 1
(p.s. THIS is the swimsuit I ran after Q in over the fried chicken fiasco. Oh the devotion)
2 comments:
You and Quinn are too cute.
Jealous!
Hi. Long time...
Congrats on the pregnancy. Although now I am literally the last (the last!) person I know without little nuggets. I thought you would hold out a little longer with me. I'm totally kidding:) Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet? Can I come to your baby shower? Gosh, I miss you!! And you look absolutely darling pregnant, but I would rather talk about something cool... like the Halifax disaster. so sad.
:) If you need some non-mommy slash non-baby talk, I'm all over that!!
ps... today is Jack's birthday. I can not believe he is 5!!
Post a Comment