I don't even have one yet and I already want another. With red hair please.

P.S. Today is my 30th Birthday.
I've been quite looking forward to the 30's since I was 25 but the actual day of saying goodbye to 20-something is daunting. I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Now that I'm officially old, it's time to say good bye to old dreams and hello to some new ones. Today I made a cake for the SCMS faculty (pictured below) and am forcing my students to watch a slide show of my life. It was almost too much when they figured out that they were 3 the year I graduated from high school. They keep telling me I don't look a moment over 22 but I think they're just trying to get extra credit so I can't really trust them.

Also of note:
P.S. Today is my 30th Birthday.
I've been quite looking forward to the 30's since I was 25 but the actual day of saying goodbye to 20-something is daunting. I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Now that I'm officially old, it's time to say good bye to old dreams and hello to some new ones. Today I made a cake for the SCMS faculty (pictured below) and am forcing my students to watch a slide show of my life. It was almost too much when they figured out that they were 3 the year I graduated from high school. They keep telling me I don't look a moment over 22 but I think they're just trying to get extra credit so I can't really trust them.
Also of note:
- I'm pretty sure Q is the hottest thing since jalapenos.
- Yesterday I reapplied for my job next year.
- My mom is finally getting the hang of things because last night she said I'm not fat at all anywhere but my tummy and that when you're looking at me from behind, you can't even tell. I can totally trust her because she is the most frank person I know.
- Of course, it was ruined by the fact that my teacher aide, a 50+ year-old close-talking woman, told me that I was probably going to have a HUGE baby and I should prepare myself. She didn't even crack a smidgen of a smile while saying it.
8 comments:
I was thinking of how to wish you a Happy Birthday today, so I am glad you brought it up. :) Have the best day!! And you look great, like you are hiding a little ball under your shirt. If you want to feel better about yourself I'll send you pics of me when I was pregnant... I was huge, people would always ask if I was having twins and could not hide their shock when I told them I wasn't. You really do look great. Happy birthday!!
I'm jealous your students got to watch that slide show! I bet it was great. Are we really THERE? 30? I can't wait until that baby comes out and I can see him/her!!!! The suspense is killing me. You look great!
It sounds like it was happy, I was thinking of you yesterday...it's like I have an internal clock with your birthday reminder programmed in...only problem is, yours is about the only one besides my kids, hubby and immediate fam. I can't remember my in-laws bdays or any of my recent friends. Consider yourself lucky, I guess!
I think you look great...people are always making comments about pregnant ladies...usually not the most tactful either!
Hey Nicole congrats on being prego! Your dad told me in February at my bros funeral but I failed to tell you congrats. When are you due? I'm due in 3 weeks & also feeling large & also just turned 30. You look great!
WOW! You look GREAT! Happy Birthday-we will celebrate your big 30 on Friday!-This is Kari, under Katy's account.
Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day! I was totally laughing at your baby stuff post! I have the ANKA high chair!!! It was definitely a MUST HAVE for me! Scarlett loves it-almost as much as I do...and no...I didn't tell Mike the price! :)
Happy Birthday Nic!!!!! I loved this post - you are so completely amazing and adorable. I hope to gossip in Spanish sometime soon. That would probably be a short conversation ... so we could do it in English too :) I hope you've had an incredible day!
Post a Comment