Friday, August 07, 2009

Upper Antelope Canyon

I've got to play a bit of catch up. This is the promised rest of Mom's BDAY Lake Powell trip. We toured both Upper and Lower Antelope Canyon which officially means that Q, M, and I have hiked the entire course from water's edge to tippity-top! We were lucky to do the lake up segment last year because is was impossible to get there by boat or wave-runner this year. The upper half of the canyon is divided into two parts (upper and lower) and you have to pay to see it. It was expensive but absolutely awe-inspiring. We couldn't believe we had been living at Powell every summer our entire lives and it took us this long to see one of the world's most famous sites!




In the canyon Quinn kept asking, "Did you get that? Are you taking pictures!?!?"






...I can reply in the resounding affirmative! Yes, I got it!!!

This is at the very "top" of Upper Antelope.
You have to reverse back into the canyon from here:










We were wondering how this outfitter ever got permits!

And that is only Upper Antelope! We had to drop Mark off at the houseboat before we hit the lower canyon because he was... well, not in a good mood (can you tell in all the pics? All of his poses are a direct combat to us saying, "Now Mark, can we please take a normal one for the Christmas card? Just smile." So I'll post Lower Antelope (which we loved even more) tomorrow.

No comments: