Friday, January 30, 2009

LIVE LIKE THIS

This is me tired, grumpy, and working late. It doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter how many places I visit, dollars I make, people who know my name.

Last night Q reminded me of some lessons we both need to learn... again. Why is it so hard to go and do what you believe and know?

Time to "forget [myself] and go to work."


"How carefully most men creep into nameless graves, while now and again one or two forget themselves into immortality."

"The most effective medicine for the sickness of self-pity is to lose oneself in the service of others."

"There is nothing that dulls a personality so much as a negative outlook."

"We truly have time to become interesting because we are interested."

-President Gordon B. Hinkley, 6 March 1977


Here's the FREEDOM WALL I created. It took forever to make, finish, hang, and finally post pictures of. My students and I had an amazing lesson for 9/11. We invited the 222nd back into our room and celebrated our massive service project from the year before. I learned SO much about Iraq and our troops and hope all of you will come to listen to them next year. They let me try on their gear and shared amazing pictures and stories. At the end of the lesson we created this mural to honor their sacrifice. It's hanging up in the front of our school and it's pretty huge. It turned out so great! The title that introduces the project: "Let Freedom Ring" (MLK).



In other Mrs. Hadley Happenings:
Some pigs broke in to the school, took down my chalk boards, and painted propaganda on the walls!!!!! They even left a hoof print as their signature. The nerve.

Don't know what the heck I'm talking about? READ ANIMAL FARM BY GEORGE ORWELL and experience the Russian Revolution and Stalin's totalitarianistic regime up close and personal. P.S. WHAT?!?! You've never read this most famous allegory in modern history? Have you been hiding underneath a rock?

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I have that shirt too! (in the bottom picture)