When did life turn into 2008?
Anyone still writing 1999 on their checks besides me? Here's the skinny: It's not that I don't like people, and friends, and social activities... I'm just weird. This year has been completely overwhelming for me and by the time I get to 7 pm all I have the energy to do is sink into my couch and watch American Idol. I'm sorry, maybe I'll be different next year or if I ever have a kid. I'm just so tired all the time and I can never really shut my mind off all that's on my plate, no matter who I'm around or what I'm doing. 200 kids walk on top of me everyday I often think being a mom will be the first time I have a chance to breath finally be a real person (oh no, here comes the masses of comments from all the moms out there who can't wait to tell me otherwise).
Excuses subdued.... Quinn has started posting. This is a new development so I think some encouragement will be in order. I've got to mention this little tidbit about his last post though: After Quinn wrote about Joe Torrey, serious, literal tears started streaming down his cheeks. No joke, this kid was down right emotional about it. Classic. I don't know if he would want everyone knowing, but I say you've got to give it to passionate people no matter what it is that consumes them.
I wrote a book this weekend. Okay, just the first 5 chapters and prologue, but I'm quite excited... and nervous. I never thought I'd be one of those people who didn't try something just because they didn't want to deal with the possibility of failing. I've told myself that it doesn't matter if the thing gets published, I'm just writing it for me... but we all know that is hogwash, besides, I have a mountainous, horrific, mortifying mortgage to pay off (speaking of that, does anyone want to rent, lease, or buy our condo?). I'm thinking of posting a chapter for anyone who wants to read it and tell me if it's totally wretched or has promise.
St. George is seriously cool... not a cool as New York, but narly none-the-less. How do I know? I attended the main street block party with Meree, Porter, and Bronsen last Thursday. It was a miracle that I didn't have to teach dance, so I made the best of it and snuck doown just before the new Office episode. The new park is awesome and I ran into my favorite student in the world: Codey (downs from DMS special Ed). Can you believe he graduated a year ago? I'm getting old. He remembered me and that my birthday was this month. That kid is amazing.
(p.s. I'm turning 28 tomorrow)
Mom and I went to a recording studio and laid down some tap this weekend. Is was fun and, might I add, a bit humbling. Since I've been teaching beginners for three years, I didn't realize how brilliant mom was and how crappy I'm getting with no practice. She is amazing. You should read her bio- She's practically famous and no one in SGU would even know it!
5 comments:
it is conceivable that I would be one of those moms to leave you a comment you don't want, but I won't. I have never been in your shoes and don't ever wish to and I think you are amazing at everything you do!!
In case I forget twelve hours from now. . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
On the contrary....I agree with your mom comment-it is tough and trying at times, but in a good way (if that even makes sense). When does school get over and when are we going to get together?
HI! I love your posts, and it makes me sad that we never see each other. I remembered your birthday this year (even before I saw your post) and wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry-I had to pat myself on the back, because I usually forget every birthday. And wanted you to know that if we lived in the same town, I would bring you a present and take you to lunch! I hope it is a great birthday and that your students are nice to you for a day...And also, it's ok Nicole, I don't have kids either, nor do I think they are in the near future...
It's me. I think I better stop talking about no kids. Maybe it's my subconscious desire to actually have kids that is finally kicking in. I need to be less cynical. Please help.
-Nicole
Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the 28's!
Amy
Post a Comment