Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ode to Joe!!


So, the new baseball season has started but it's just not the same without Joe. As we speak, the Yankees are playing the Red Sox on ESPN and I am writing this Blog (1st time). Don't worry everyone, I am still a die hard Yankee fan and that will never change but man I miss that old man!! I miss seeing him in the dugout, I miss seeing him hobble out to the Mound and his stoic look on the bench. He's been like a father figure to me these last 12 years. It's been a good ride Joe. Good Luck in L.A. (the Dodgers are now my 2nd favorite team).

4 comments:

Amy said...

Now the Yankees are basketball right??

Amy

carly k said...

I miss the old guy, too. He was my favorite player for the Yanks. Good call on the father-figure. I read once that Jeter always called him Mr. Torey. How sweet!

We watched that game, too, but we were rooting for Boston. We need to get together for the next game and watch together!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Quinn! that is very sad, I do love the Yankee's as well, but not going to lie...I was not effected by the retirement. I didn't even know about it until I saw your post!

Anonymous said...

retirement?...shows just how little I actually know-I guess he went to another team? huh.