Thursday, October 04, 2012

Rivers on our Roads

On August 21st at 9 am, Annie and I looked out our window
 to find rivers instead of roads.
 We had some crazy rain a while back and somehow it all seemed to end up in front of our house.
 Violet thought it was pretty funny.  She is such a happy little thing.
 And, might I add, a significantly better sleeper than our daughter number one.

I am at my wit's end with Annie. We are almost 2.5 years without a full nights sleep because of her.  I love her, but when it comes to sleeping she is a MONSTER! Still!!!  And don't even try to suggest letting her cry it out. As I write this, I am going on two+ hours of her screaming for me from her crib.  Every nap and bed time is PURE HELL! Meanwhile, baby V is sleeping through the night and taking truly terrific naps.  Oh Annie.  You are a fireball.  How will I ever keep up with you?
 We found this little guy waiting for us on our porch.  I think he was hiding from all of the rain.  Annie sat by him and kept him company most of the morning as we watched the city come and drain our streets.  She occasionally looks for him even though it's been several weeks.  

2 comments:

Alana said...

Wow, that IS A RIVER! What??!!

You should have seen the look on Anika's face when I told her Violet lives in St. George. She thought you didn't live here, like Ciara. Haha, that's proof that we don't hang out and need to more. But the look on her face was one of total elation. She keeps saying, "Violet really likes me, Mom."

I didn't pick up your call last Saturday...we were in Pine Valley at the cabin that afternoon. Sorry I'm just now realizing I STILL haven't returned your call. There are about 20 calls I have yet to return... I need to come back to planet earth, it's time.

U da bomb.

Erika said...

Wow that's crazy!! Sorry about Annie not sleeping. It's crazy how different each kid is even though you do the same thing. I am glad V is sleeping, otherwise that could be the death of you! :) She is a cutie!