Most women are with child for 9 months. Me? I prefer to suffer for 10. Well- I don't prefer it, but multiple weeks overdue seems to be my style. So we have been swimming everyday for two weeks to pass the time and finally, FINALLY, we decided to pick a date. Having the baby on Tuesday. We'll let you know how it goes.
Meanwhile: Here is our week in review:
Our front lawn is looking awesome, thanks to Q. He says the novelty of mowing has not worn off. He even set up a little work shop in our garage where he sharpens the mower blade. We're still trying to get the sprinklers just right and Annie is determined to help. She loves water and being outside.
Poor Annie- she got her first real owie, a burn, this week. She was so distraught she took a 4 hour nap immediately following our kisses and band aides. Now we have to kiss every scratch and itch and I've just barely been able to talk her out of multiple chickie band aids.
I finally lost it on Thursday. I stayed in bed crying all morning because I was still pregnant and this one has been so hard and it is still not over... and other stuff that has been building up and driving me crazy. Then, suddenly, we were surprised with company. Q's family showed up to spend some time with us. I was absolutely overwhelmed at first but it was a really good break because they entertained Annie for 3 straight days and we took her swimming in their hotel pools all weekend as well. Annie held her own as the only girl in a sea of boy cousins! She absolutely loves "the boys" and we were glad to catch up with them again. Q had just been saying how much he missed his family and in one week we've had spontaneous visits from two of his sisters. I guess Q's out-loud wishes are really powerful. Maybe he could wish for a certain baby to make an appearance next.
Best invention ever: The 100% sun proof wet suit for 2-year-olds! I feel like the best mom ever.
Question: It's midnight. Do you wake your hubby up to rub lotion on your sunburned swollen feet or just suffer all night because it is impossible to sleep and you just finished your book (1776) anyway? I know- you let him sleep. But oh how my feet ache.
1 comment:
Oh I am so so sorry! The three days I went over were absolute misery. I cannot even imagine! Hang in there. Tuesday is coming up soon. I am so glad you picked a date. Can't wait!
Post a Comment