Sunday, June 10, 2012

Round 2: My fabulous shopping list for the second go.

I'm supposed to have a baby this week so yesterday I finally started getting a few things together (aka: an hour on Amazon).  No worries.  The new #2 will be late.  Last time I had my bag packed 1 month early and then ended up not having Annie until 10 days after ETA.  Still, I realized yesterday that it wouldn't be a bad idea to start rounding up some things.  There was SO much to buy the first go around that this time it will be relatively easy to turn our home into babyland once again.  That doesn't mean there was nothing to buy... which is both good (fun) and bad (expensive).  Let us not forget that since we are no longer double-insured, #2 will also be costing us $$$ in terms of delivery.  Ug.

So here's the shopping list for #2 in case you're interested:
Baby Stella #2 (we'll have to come up with a new name since we still play with the original baby Stella) to give to Annie at the hospital so she has a new baby too.
A new party outfit for baby Stella (will probably save for Annie's birthday).
Doll bottle for baby Stella so Annie has something to do while I'm feeding #2.  Hope it works.

A baby doll bed from Ikea so we could move baby Stella out of the new baby's cradle.
A few more baby gowns to get us by until we know if it's a girl/boy, then we'll order more.  You can never have enough.  What happened to all of Annie's?  I guess they are just all pink.  We are guessing this is a boy but we'll see.
Two thin muslin baby blankets.  I always wished I had these with Annie but couldn't justify buying them when I had so many cotton swaddling blankets.  I have a feeling these will be my favorite go to blankets.
Two of these.  A cheap one and an expensive one.  We'll see which is better.  Yep- I'm brave and order them online.  Way better than trying them on in the store.  Who has time for that?  You end up needing about 20 different sizes anyway when all is said and done.
Almost forgot about these puppies.  Added a huge crate of them to my Amazon cart at the last minute.  Oh goodie (not).
Been dreaming about this since Annie but didn't have a practical reason to splurge on it.  Now we totally do since we have no bathroom counter space and I do NOT plan on bending over the tub for at least a month if I have a C-section again.  It even hangs flat to dry!  So excited about this one.  Big splurge though.
A little meaningless reading in hopes of some down time (ya right).
Burned out the last one.  Besides, I'll be doing a huge amout of this at work next year so I needed something more mobile.  Actually kind of dreading this and work being smashed together.  Nifty travel case though.  Medela:  Another huge splurge.
Um- not sure why I have absolutely ZERO of these from Annie.
So I got some more because all those onesies will need company.
Totally forgot that I'd need these.  With Annie I didn't have to buy any diapers for a while.  People were so generous.  Another huge crate from Amazon.  Two kids in diapers.  Oh Annie, I really need to dedicate some time to your potty training adventures.  Lazy mom.
The rumble seat for my stroller so it becomes a double.  I love this stroller.  Turns on a dime with one hand and rolls great in the sand. It was the big splurge from Annie and I've been so pleased with it.  We will also be using the bassinet again.  Did you know it even has an attachment I can buy for baby #3?
Organic hospital gown.  We now have people living with us so I can't very well walk around in my underwear like I did with Annie (much to Q's relief).  More coverage at the hospital and in those wretched weeks at home when this is about the only thing I'll want to wear,
Like I said- we now have people living with us.  Better make it two.  P.S. Pam wore this one on The Office.
This was totally free if I just paid shipping. Why not?
Another free item minus shipping.  We are so thinking boy.
Babysteals:  A dangerous place.  Did I need a new one?  No.  Do I love it?  YES!  All the pockets on the outside are so perfect and much easier than with Annie's diaper bag.  Q took one look at this and I could see the forlorn "why?" in his eyes.  I reminded him this was my extra Korean Intern money from work so it was okay to get something totally impractical. 
A million versions of this.  Get them at TJ Maxx while they're hot.
Two different sizes of grey- just in case I get my wish and it's a girl.  Again, what happened to the ones I used with Annie?
And last, which is not really true, since this is the first thing I bought.  A HUGE new dresser to accommodate all this stuff. After searching FOREVER, the best and most attractive deal ended up being the IKEA special.  Of course.  Should have gone there first and been done with it.  This dresser is fantastic.  It holds everything but the kitchen sink and I can outfit half of it with a changing pad and still have plenty of room on top.

Oh-almost forgot.  If it's a boy, I'll finally get to use these!  Any guesses as to what they are? Had them all ready for #1, but then Annie shocked us by being a girl.  We are positive (once again) that a boy is on his way.  Can't wait to find out for real though.  Please oh please baby come on time this week.


So, did I miss anything?  What am I forgetting?

2 comments:

Mindi said...

Too fun. I hope you have your baby soon and am so excited to see what he/she is. Best of luck with everything.

Erika said...

Wondering if you've had that baby yet and if you get to use those teepees! Ha! I only used them with the last boy...didn't know they existed before and just used a wipe or washcloth. Can't wait to see if it's a boy or a girl. Too fun! Good luck!