Annie's First Trip to Disney Land

It is only fitting that her first ride be the Jungle Cruise.
She loved it.
It is only fitting that her first ride be the Jungle Cruise.
She loved it.
The weekend school got out, we took the cloggers to Disneyland to perform. I don't have pictures of the performance yet but you might be interested to know that backstage Disneyland uses a picture of us performing from about 5 years ago to advertise Disney Magic Music Days. It marked the beginning of our summer and, though I love our little cloggers, when I said goodbye to the last girl at Toon Town after our show, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Not only did I NOT lose a clogger this time, I made it: One whole entire year of having a first baby and going to work 11 days later plus the stress of buying and renovating a house (almost done - it's taking forever)... well anyway, it was a complicated year. I'm happy to say hello to summer.
Annie loved the Haunted Mansion, even the lights out screaming part. She is quite a unique baby. We had bets going about how she would be in Bug's Life. I won: she squealed with delight and laughed the whole way through.
My baby is no wimp!
Quinn will be delighted to know there is also a Pooh Corner somewhere in the world.
Basically Annie loves big crowds of people and any chance to eat. Good thing she likes busy because D.L. was swamped with busy. We were surprised the place was so packed so early in the season.
I stand by my claim: Everything EVERYTHING is more fun with Annie. Especially Disneyland.
G & G Stirland have a stone. They love Disneyland so much in fact, that once they rented a big greyhound bus and took our entire extended family! For some reason, I kept thinking of and missing my grandpa on this trip. Death is so permanent and depressing and final. Ug.
Annie went crazy for the parade. We watched it 3 times.
Thank heaven for Meg. What am I going to do when my #1 babysitter goes to BYU?
So Annie did cry once- isn't this silly? She LOATHED Cinderella.
Give her scary rides like Pinocchio and Snow White (really, those rides are freaky- kind of like watching the Smurfs after you've grown up and had a good dose of Laura Mulvey in your system to deconstruct it), but my little girl HATES Cinderella.
Give her scary rides like Pinocchio and Snow White (really, those rides are freaky- kind of like watching the Smurfs after you've grown up and had a good dose of Laura Mulvey in your system to deconstruct it), but my little girl HATES Cinderella.
G.Po. is amazingly spry.
We had some terrific moments together.
We had some terrific moments together.
I can't get enough of these cute little feet-
and somehow seeing them sleeping in the UppaBaby Vista makes them better.
Hey, if I have to be materialistic about something in this life, at least I've picked a worthy target.
TRADITION:
We canoe every trip. Did it with Grandpa just before he died. Sniff Sniff.
You should have seen me fold up the Uppa Baby Vista on the fly with 10 gallons of stuff shoved in it. I should have been filmed and observed so my posterity could admire it. But I did it! I fit it on the train for 2 stops.We canoe every trip. Did it with Grandpa just before he died. Sniff Sniff.
Nothing like making up for a creepy hotel crib (Annie-no-can-do) with a quacking duck tub!
(Yes those are matching shirts. I just love matching.)
...And thus began the summer of only being home for 1 weekend so far. Going out of town again tomorrow and still nary a chance of getting close to caught up on the blog... or the house. Seriously, can we finally move in already? I feel like I'm on HGTV only someone hit the slow motion button, took away all the little helpers, and threw in a sick baby to heighten ratings with an added element of drama.
4 comments:
Yay, looks like tons of fun. I took Anika to Knotts Berry Farm while at my sister's. She loved it but the CROWDS! Never again. Only on a Tuesday in January will I ever go anywhere like that again. You really are looking very thin, my dear. Teach me your ways! And where are you guys going now?
This is funny... I bought the photo of me and Anika on the log ride. I showed her the photo after-the-fact, on the ride home. She got this really weird, horrified look on her face and said, "Hey! There were people in our log. That's not good!" Guess she didn't realize there were people behind us that whole time riding in OUR log.
Mental note to NOT stand next to you for a picture until I loose about a hindred pounds. You look GREAT!! Lucky.
I always think of Grandpa when I go to Disneyland; and to think he went to Dialysis every other day so he could be there. He was incredible.
We have discovered there are NO non-crowded days at DL anymore. Darnit.
*hundred*
Post a Comment