The latest on the house... well almost the latest. I've done quite a bit more painting and we've big news about room mates:
NOT SINCE LORY:
Some things are worth waiting for (like your wedding night) and wait we did. Over five weeks to be exact, and all for chocolate walnut. We almost pulled out our hair, but it's in and, minus one threshold, it's done! Additionally, it was all done by a very stunning fingerless floor man. No I didn't ask... but I wanted to. Not since Christian Bale in Little Women have I balked over a far away specimen such as this, but balk I did. Lucky for Q I felt dumb painting while the floors were being installed so I waited until they left before digging into my house for the night, but the installation did not end without one very happenstance caulking demonstration including a finger (the middle one of course, the pointer was missing) running ever so down my forearm. And somehow... and I don't know how, the missing finger just added. I'll leave it at that. The Chocolate Walnut was worth the wait.
Some things are worth waiting for (like your wedding night) and wait we did. Over five weeks to be exact, and all for chocolate walnut. We almost pulled out our hair, but it's in and, minus one threshold, it's done! Additionally, it was all done by a very stunning fingerless floor man. No I didn't ask... but I wanted to. Not since Christian Bale in Little Women have I balked over a far away specimen such as this, but balk I did. Lucky for Q I felt dumb painting while the floors were being installed so I waited until they left before digging into my house for the night, but the installation did not end without one very happenstance caulking demonstration including a finger (the middle one of course, the pointer was missing) running ever so down my forearm. And somehow... and I don't know how, the missing finger just added. I'll leave it at that. The Chocolate Walnut was worth the wait.
The Mud Room, thanks to endless taping via moi, is now a giant chalk board wall. Let me give you a few tips if you ever decide to make your own chalk paint to save a few bucks like I did. Still to come: hooks, cushions, curtains, & co. But the house is taking shape. It almost even looks like we may actually live there someday. Some day.
"SOME DAY when we have a storage room" just turned into a very far off someday. We have invited room mates to live in our basement at short and sudden notice. So, in addition to all the reno already in progress, we are now turning the basement into a separate apartment. We had planned to do it for ourselves down the road, but here it is in hyper speed. It's good. We did have a moment of saying goodbye to the basement and the pool table and my DREAM of having the tele downstairs and away from the kitchen, but in sum we are quite relieved to be helping out some dearest of dear family members. Here they come! I told Q that it will put our glorious house to the test to see just how many in-laws it can support comfortably (including mood swings) under its roof. To the basement:
Good thing I had Q lay some more tile in the basement last month- it will go to good use now.
Also- we will be moving She She's stuff for the 3rd time since we have to clear the basement for our new room mates. Moving Moving Moving is our middle name this summer. We are moving She She's stuff, our new room mates, my class room, my dance studio, and us! Q is having panic attacks. Still to go in the basement: Laundry plumbing installation, electrical for kitchenette/laundry, granite kitchen island, appliances, outside motion lights.
Also- we will be moving She She's stuff for the 3rd time since we have to clear the basement for our new room mates. Moving Moving Moving is our middle name this summer. We are moving She She's stuff, our new room mates, my class room, my dance studio, and us! Q is having panic attacks. Still to go in the basement: Laundry plumbing installation, electrical for kitchenette/laundry, granite kitchen island, appliances, outside motion lights.
And to the fun part of renovation: The Aesthetic
For so long we have been working on a house that only looked livable in my dreams! But I have to believe, even if I almost don't dare to, that our move-in date is on the horizon when I can see area rugs instead of subfloor. Oh, there's still plenty of subfloor, but I was able to roll these beauties out and take a real live peek at what I've been picturing in my head for so so OH so long. We have lived in too many wierd places for too long and have been saving saving WORKING and saving for so long, I can't believe my home dreams are coming true in reality and I get to live in a real house soon! A garage, a yard, a library... it really is a trip.
For so long we have been working on a house that only looked livable in my dreams! But I have to believe, even if I almost don't dare to, that our move-in date is on the horizon when I can see area rugs instead of subfloor. Oh, there's still plenty of subfloor, but I was able to roll these beauties out and take a real live peek at what I've been picturing in my head for so so OH so long. We have lived in too many wierd places for too long and have been saving saving WORKING and saving for so long, I can't believe my home dreams are coming true in reality and I get to live in a real house soon! A garage, a yard, a library... it really is a trip.
Still to go: Electrical, post-installation plumbing, baseboard, carpet, central vac installation, paint, ...conscious effort to end this list-making business due to sudden dizzy headache.
FATHERS DAY

We went to Chris's for a fantastic dinner.
Annie loved picking the apricots.
ANNIE is AWESOME
2 comments:
so pretty. i am literally DYING to see it in real life. maybe while ci is here? oh please?! THOSE RUGS! Perfection. and could i also squeeze me some annie mon/tues. ?
Holy storage room! I'm so jealous. Oh and the chalk board paint! Ive wanted to put that in the playhouse. Maybe u can give me a tip on how-to? Yours us the dream house that I'll always dream of having. I'm so happy for you. I love love love that picture of Annie holding an apricot. Maybe next you could hire out for photography? How do you do it all???
Post a Comment