She is the only one in our family to graduate from Institute. A fact our parents hadn't realized until I pointed it out. Should have let that one slide a few more years. At least they don't know about the wrecked van of '01 yet.
Matthew & Meg graduated from college on the same day,
so we had to split up. Nor flew to SLC for Matt's Architecture graduation (awesome)
and Annie & I dashed to DSC after work to see Meg get her associate degree.
so we had to split up. Nor flew to SLC for Matt's Architecture graduation (awesome)
and Annie & I dashed to DSC after work to see Meg get her associate degree.
We rented an old skating rink for Meg's birthday. How fun is that?!
The House The House The House.
---------------------------------
Slowly- ever so slowly we are seeing it take shape. I've even made 3 big & bright purchases for the upstairs that I thrill to think of when I'm falling asleep. The latest is a new central vac sweeper and unit [hooray- our warranty that our ninja agent got the bank to pay for will cover most of a brand new unit!]- plus, I couldn't help it, there may not be floors, there may not be plumbing hooked up- but there are BOOKS! I couldn't resist stacking a few beloved books amidst the dust on my new library shelves. They are the first thing to move in. How completely and totally satisfying it is to have a husband who can turn my wall drawings and diagrams into perfect library shelves that have been drifting in and out of my head for over a decade. Pure joy!
While the interior renovation is nearing a livable light-at-the-end state, the exterior is another story entirely. We estimate several years before the yard is respectable and even longer before the outside look of the house becomes what we are imagining.---------------------------------
Slowly- ever so slowly we are seeing it take shape. I've even made 3 big & bright purchases for the upstairs that I thrill to think of when I'm falling asleep. The latest is a new central vac sweeper and unit [hooray- our warranty that our ninja agent got the bank to pay for will cover most of a brand new unit!]- plus, I couldn't help it, there may not be floors, there may not be plumbing hooked up- but there are BOOKS! I couldn't resist stacking a few beloved books amidst the dust on my new library shelves. They are the first thing to move in. How completely and totally satisfying it is to have a husband who can turn my wall drawings and diagrams into perfect library shelves that have been drifting in and out of my head for over a decade. Pure joy!
We've got several beautiful mature trees to enjoy but are losing the prettiest one (this oak-looking one above) because we can't figure out the existing sprinkler system for the irrigation water. Panic!
Cousin Richard visited G. Polly and after a clogging dress rehearsal for Disneyland, we went to a BBQ @ Dave and Bea's.
I added pecans & walnuts to make it even better!
Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups flaked coconut
Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
2 comments:
You are the busiest person ever! I don't know how you do it but you do AND you blog about it . AND you look great always. And a central vac???!!! So jealous. Still jealous actually.
Congrats to Meg and the house looks fabulous. It was so fun to tour it personally! I too am jealous of the central vac, the REAL fireplace and me and B still drool over the patio and backyard!!! Beautiful. Oh and the shelves in your office...now I'm trying to figure out where to add some shelves in my house and how to do it since I don't have a carpenter husband. I have always wanted shelves with a ladder...like I told you. Sigh...dreams....
Anyway, super fun to see you!
Post a Comment