Sunday, May 29, 2011

Easter Flowers look like Edible Wowers


We have made it...only I hesitate to call it too soon. With 10 months of complicated day-to-day survival work behind us, Annie and I may just have made it to the finish line of summer with most of our sanity intact. I say most because I know I lost it a bit this final week. May I sum it up with one word: Moving. We begin this summer of moving with 4 scheduled moves: My dance studio, my classroom, our house, & QM's stuff. If we have our sanity now, we better enjoy it while we can. And since I've been positively overwhelmed to say the least these past 2 months, here's some back-blogging. I've got to at least get Easter up before Annie & I go to Disneyland next week.

It's safe to say this was the last calm before the storm of May. Vacation please.




...And now to Annie: our great love in life!


Bet you can't guess what she loves to do with flowers:



April 24th, 2011

She is starting to crawl but doesn't have much chance to progress. We never put her down and fight over holding her.
She loves dogs, singing whenever there is music, pointing, & babies.
She hates: Her old car seat, any baby food that is cheap or on sale, bows in her hair, & teethers.

Here is her Easter bunny outfit.
We went to Hurricane for dinner & Annie loved being sung to.





Annie loves touching flowers... but she loves eating them more.




HOUSE UPDATE:

Annie, Q, & I stopped by the office before heading to our new house for yet another day of renovation. Status: It's coming. Our floors had a flaw and so, 1 month behind schedule, we can expect them to go in 2 weeks from today: FINALLY! It's quite a long wait for engineered chocolate walnut. New ETM (estimated time of moval): July.

3 comments:

Alana said...

purely cute...I want to squeeze her. I don't know how you do it all. I feel totally overwhelmed most days and I pretty much don't do shit compared to you. Disneyland?! Jealous! I'm counting the days down until I can see your pretty house! I laughed so hard today about the quesadillas because we literally had just barely finished ours. We are going on 12 years now of quesadillas on sundays. It's my religion.

K Worthington said...

My first thought about this post and usually is: you look so great!! Also, that Annie is a doll. Love the Easter bunny outfit! So excited and jealous of your new house I know it will be spectacular! Annie is so much the same as abbi and Liv(except they are more serious in pictures). They LOVE dogs. They say doggie half of the day, and every animal they see in a book or on tv is a doggie. They always point too. They are kindred spirits to Annie for sure! Miss you and hope to see you soon! I contemplate the lake trip fourth of July weekend every day. It might be crazy because it will be just me and I can't help but think of getting there, down to the houseboat on the cart, nap time on the houseboat, wanting to crawl everywhere but not alot of space to do so x 2......anyway.
I really think you should come up to the the girls' birthday party- it would be a little get away from all your chaos for a weekend and it's going to be so fun! Just think about it...

K Worthington said...

P.s. I'm surprised to hear about Disneyland! I thought the metcalfs had written off disneyland:) So much fun with your own kids, even if they are still babies!