Friday, April 01, 2011

I risk my life for keys.

First of all, I sweat ALL. THE. TIME. And I do mean all the time. I sweat all day and all night. I wake up in a pool of sweat. Really, a pool. I can even squeeze the sweat out of my hair in the morning and wipe 1/4 cup of moisture from my forehead in the afternoon. So I am looking forward to the day when I don't nurse and only sweat a lot more than most people instead of AN INSANELY, INCALCULABLE, UNREAL, YOU MAY NEVER BELIEVE IT amount of sweat.

And now that we are all a little closer, let me tell you this little story:
I had to say goodbye to this beauty. I have been coveting my driver license photo since- well, it's been a decade I'd wager. Isn't it terrific. And how many people can really say they LOVE their DL photo? Well, I could- until I had to renew it over Spring Break because we had to complete new tax forms with a matching DL address to our new house.
  • Tip 1: If you teach middle school you WILL run into a hand full of your old students at the DMV getting their licenses for the first time because they don't have school over Spring Break. You should NOT wear a cute shirt that pulls up when you hold Annie and offers ZERO coverage when she decides to grab it from all directions.

  • Also note: Your baby will scream the whole time you're trying to smile for the new pic, she will throw up for the first time ever just at the moment you are taking the eye test in front of 100 people waiting (and watching) behind you, and you WILL be sweating profusely during the entire ordeal of holding baby, smiling, testing, tugging, and lugging all your baby gear and paperwork all over the DMV in front of 100 people and your old students.

  • PS: It is also a mistake to cut your bangs right before leaving for the DMV and wearing your long (now frizzy) hair down in SGU heat. I've never said it before in my life- but here it comes: I MISS WINTER.

My new picture bites.

Here's someone who NEVER takes bad photos.

She's trained to smile big every time.

I'm fast running out of places to safely put Annie when I need both hands free. Annie, FYI, is quite the handful lately.

In fact, she has two new nicknames dubbed HM: High Maintenance & Her Majesty.


Our 2nd visit with Annie's great grandparents this month- We stopped over for FHE but were an hour or two late so we arrived just in time for desert. Nice timing right? Chris made these terrific banana choco chip cookies that caused all but Ydnic to avert the sugar free diet for a moment of shier lack of self control.

QM got her mission call, twice actually.

First to Houston, Texas but then it was changed to Navou, Illinois.

We are calling it her 18-month vacation because of

all the fun she is going to have and great things she gets to do.

She even gets to have pioneer dresses as part of her mission ward robe.

Here we are post-church on her last visit to SGU before she leaves.


We've also had a few birthdays round our parts:

A FABULOUS surprise:
Kari & B.J. brought the twins to Hurricane for a surprise visit so we jumped in the car and headed over. It is the most fun thing ever to see Annie & the twins together. I wish they lived close so Annie could take eating and sleeping lessons from the girls. The twins are the perfect babies ever, not that Annie is bad- but I must admit the twins are better at sleeping, eating, and while we're at it, let's add riding in the car to that list. Annie was fascinated with them and thought it was cool when they took her toys or tried to grab her bink (I'm sure that won't last long). She kept looking back and forth from one twin to the next and when they left she kept looking to see where they were and wanted them to come back. Whenever I show her pictures of them she studies their faces intently like she knows them. They are the best... and so is Kari. It was so fun to see them!

Another something that has been sucking our time and stressing out our sleep:

The CLOG COMPETITION.

FRIDAY, MARCH 25th, 2011
SATURDAY, MARCH 26th, 2011:

YOU SHOULD FOR SURE KNOW ABOUT THIS:


In January we put together this little alumni team. We learned a WICKED AWESOME precision dance and competed at the competition. It has been almost a decade or more for most of us since we did something like this and our husbands were totally impressed beyond belief. We took first place and it was a rush to say the least. We are still dancing together on Tuesday nights if you want in on this action. I'll post the video later so you can be royally blown away by our awesome dance! You're never too old right? 3 of us had babies in the last year even!

P.S. Did you know I left my keys on top of Meg's car and they flew of at none-other than the horrifically busy intersection of Bluff and Sunset! They have my school keys on them (thousands of $$$ to replace- you have to re-key the entire school) so I had no other choice but to risk my life and run into the intersection to recover them. I'm still having nightmares about it. Got them though. No worse for the ware.

2 comments:

K Worthington said...

Hooray for the pictures of our three precious girls! I loved loved seeing you and Annie! You have no idea how much-you guys are the best. Have I told you lately that you look GREAT. I'm so jealous-so so jealous. I just can't make it happen. I had to give up my gym membership for the budget and I love food. Argg.
Also- we call our girls HM all the time! Haha! I'm reluctant to tell you that abbi and livi have their moments and the latest-abbi won't sleep. Since we got back from kanab, she gets up during the night. Sniff sniff boo hoo. I can't figure it out and I'm going nuts. And I can't let her cry it out because if I don't fly in there and get her out she wakes up Liv-who is still perfect in the sleep department:) I'm counting on the fact that two little teeth broke through on Saturday.
And lastly, I'm SO amazed at the alumni dance! Your amazing. When I loose some weight, I'm going to join a clogging class up here. A girl gave me the info about a month ago and I have been avoiding it since I still jiggle in all kinds of places.
Well, I'm so excited for your visit in a couple weeks! See you soon.

Erika said...

Hey sure am glad you found the keys. And I sweat more than I ever did too. Must be the hormonees or something....ick. The clogging pics look super fun. Brings back memories. Way to go!

BTW...I sent you an email of Megs pics but am wondering if I didn't have the right one. Or email me your mother's and I'll send them to her to preview...or should I just mail the CD right away?