Thursday, October 09, 2008

The last week in September:

This is me being the bravest girl in the world.  I actually went back to my high school for homecoming and cheered with the cheerleaders. I totally performed some Laker Girls routine during half time!  Other than Brynn (3 years my younger), I was the oldest chick by a decade.  It has been 11 years since I last graced the field to strut my moves. Let me add that the "dance" they taught us was some sort of torture treatment.  I was sore for days and don't know if my body was ever designed to move that way.  There is a lot of pelvis thrusting in cheer these days. Bad news:  Video Camera broke during my performance.  Good News:  Footage exists somewhere.  I'm trying to get a copy for posterity. It was a rush even if I did stick out like a golden oldie in a biker bar.  I can't believe I actually did it.  I even cheered on the sidelines for 3rd quarter (at which point Q said, "isn't your part over now?")  Secretly he was pretty impressed I had the guts to go through with whole thing.
This is Mark and I after the game.  He wouldn't wear his cardigan.  Hello, where's his Dixie spirit???

Mark and I also did some bonding the next day.  We went to lunch (you guessed it, the cupcake cafe... I should open a tab because I'm starting to budget for it) and there was a street fair outside.  St. George is really picking up on the whole community spirit thing.
...By community spirit I mean they've started roasting whole pigs in the streets.

Recently, you may have heard, Quinn bore his way through the last game in Yankee stadium.  I think it was pretty painful for him because of all the guilt he felt for not being there in person.  He was quite emotional all day:  ie: TEARS.  Lots of tears.  Still tears.  He is currently compiling and producing a massive stadium tribute video for Utube.

4 comments:

Nic said...

Secret Fantasy: Fit into my 24 inch waist cheer uniform again. WT???? That happened once upon a time? My hips have spread and I haven't even had kids yet! Hating on this fact right now. Hating even more on the fact that I'm too tired and lazy to do anything about it. Maybe if I duct taped one of my uniforms to the fridge.... hmmm. Seriously considering this idea.

Alana said...

You go girl! I wish I could have seen it. I will be eagerly awaiting footage.

Quinn underneath his Yankee blanket is just precious. He looks so sad. Awwww.

Brynn said...

I am totally working on getting both of us footage. Hopefully it will be sooner than later, but you will have it...promise. We had a great time! Thanks for convincing us to do it with or without a lot of people. Love ya!

Megan said...

Nic, you tore it up out there on the field! I was cheerin for ya, and all my friends I was with, were way impressed on how much you totally rocked it! :) You could've fooled me! haha! You were awesome! Glad you had the guts, and didn't back down! Oh, and Mark...where's your dixie spirit? No Exec. Cardigan? haha! And Quinn...he looks like a little boy who just lost his best friend or something! :( He's sucha dedicated fan to that lame team! Awh, we were even sad at my house (BIGGEST RED SOX FANS EVER!!!) to see Yankee stadium torn down! :( Good picture Nicole! Somehow you were able to capture the whole Yankee Giftshop (sheets, blanket, pillowcase, jersey, etc!) in one picture! haha