So, do you ever get tired of where you are living and feel like life is a lot different than you thought it would be? Don't get me wrong, I love St. George and everything and would probably miss it a lot if I moved but a Huge part of me really misses the place where I grew up. I think a lot of people feel like that sometimes. It would probably be better if we had an actual house of our own with an actual garage, and yard. Ever since my mission, I have been doing the apartment or condo thing and it's really starting to get old and it's not about to get better any time soon. Even when it does, I have to live right in St. George because of my job and there's hardly anything left close by where you can have a big yard and land around your house like I did where I grew up. I was so lucky and kinda feel bad for my kids. I was in Enterprise yesterday for work and wished I could live up ther so bad! (I need to live somewhere where I can have a yard big enough to at least play wiffle ball in, where my kids can ride 4 wheelers or horses and build huts). I think part of it was because it felt more like "Home" to me and that is the whold point of this post. I know I had to grow up, I came to St. George, my wife is from here, my job is here (don't think I would want to do it anywhere else) and some of my family is now here and so we are here for life. But, Taylor will always be Home to me. I just took a trip up there for work and saw some of my best friends and even drove by the old house. I love where I grew up, I love the friends I had, the sports teams I was on, the schools I went to and all of the things we did there! I mean, we were always in the mountains and stuff. I can't remember the last time I actually went camping. Why do we have to stop doing all of the things that we love so much? One of the things I hate most about life, and there aren't that many, is that where you live, how you live and how much of this earth you actually get to see depend on Money, your job, and who you are. I have been some cool places but hate that there is so much out there I will never get to see because of money. Anyway, I'm feeling a little nostalgic So, here are a few of my favorite pics from the good old days when I didn't have a worry in the world. Man we had a Hell of a time! Enjoy!

Sunridge! - we spent our whole summers here

Our Softball Team






It only took us 3 months to get this many cups.
That's a lot of bevs.. no wonder I have bad teeth!
It was over 30 feet long when put together.










This was my Truck. Man I loved that thing!




















We couldn't have been doing anything too
good here!




7 comments:
Hey Quinn! Remember me..Bonnie?! :) How's it going? I don't even remember how I found your blog, but wanted to say hi. I'm glad you miss good ol' Taylor.
Quinn,
What a fun life you have lived so far! You know it doesn't matter how much money you make. All these pictures you put up aren't of you going to exotic lands or beautiful oasis's. They didn't cost a thing. I have a favorite quote that I want to share with you. Its by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "We are always getting ready to live but never living." Stop focusing on what you don't have or don't think you will have and make do and enjoy what you do have. You are very blessed.
Hey Quinn, this is Joe, i was just looking at all your pictures and having a good laugh. THe one with all you guys with no shirts and bowties, WTF?
Quinner! It's good to see some of those good ol' classic pics again! haha! Wow...I just remember times at "The Bar" when it was slow in business...and you'd whip out your good ol memory book of pictures from back in the day! haha! OR you'd bring in homemade videos, to pass the time! Man, I sure do miss those days! haha! It's funny you just posted this post though, because I've been thinking a lot about this too...I had the MOST AWESOME childhood growin up! Ivins was a BLAST! Same as you, my parents had the biggest backyard (perfect for wiffelball, catch, 500, Andy-I-Over, Night Games, etc.) a huge vacent lot in back of our house Perfect for riding 4-wheelers, n' there's tons of places to go shootin'. Everybody knows everybody in those smaller lil' towns...and you have the best time no matter what you're doin! Man...I could go on and on about High School too! Heck...now THAT was a good time! :)
Anyway, just loved your post, and I'm glad you overloaded it with pictures! :) (PS. guess you didn't like your "Devil Basketball Coach" very much eh? And...You weren't even in that black uniform football picture!!! the one with the random few red uniforms! Where are you?)
From the famous words of The Atari's..."Being grown up, isn't half as fun as growing up...these are the best days of our lives!!!!" LIVE IT UP!!! :)
Those were some great times. How come you didn't put any pictures up of the light shows? haha Thanks for the trip down memory lane. GOOD TIMES!
TRUCE
Fun Fun pictures. I love them! I guess we are all going to have to make some massive fun memories for you. I have three words...Chinese New Year.
Post a Comment