Thursday, August 07, 2008

News


This is the baby (or was the baby) I nannied for in Manhattan. Basically he is the cutest, smartest, most amazing kid ever! I still think about him everyday and his mom just sent me this latest pic. I simply cannot believe he is THIS big?!?!?! Isn't he darling? That was the best job I ever had, not to mention the most amazing boss ever. I miss them like crazy and still day dream of moving back and becomming their life-time nanny.
So...
We successfully found amazing renters for our condo this week and we're so excited. They are a cute couple from church and are excited to move in. In fact, they are so cute- we'll probably end up giving them a Christmas rebate just because we're so dang happy to rent to such fabulous prospects. So that means we're outa here by September 1st. Anyone feel like doing some heavy lifting?


The Students are Coming, The Students are Coming...
I'm back at work this week preparing for the mass of chaos that is sure to ensue when the teenagers show up next Tuesday. Actually, it is already better than last year. One difference is that I don't feel such an intense rush of completely being overwhelemed. I do, however, feel a bunch of pressure. My 9th graders did not do well on the state DWA writing test last year and I'm utterly heart broken. I'm still trying to get the stats to figure out what happened, but the outcome is that this year I've got to get them to do better at all costs. Lot's of work ahead. The good news is that now that I'm super busy, I don't have time to go crazy. I think I have too much time to think when I don't have too much to do.


Card Swap
So far no one new has signed up and it looks like those involved will only need to make 5 cards. You have until tomorrow to join in on the fun though so if you want to participate (see details in previous posts), just leave your name in a comment to this post. Details for those who are in on the action will be posted tomorrow.


Website
I don't know why, but in case you want to: I've started the major undertaking of a class website. It will be amazing. I can have students submit assignments and take quizzes on line and a ton more. Anyway, if you are interested in seeing what my students and I are up to you can go to the website and register as a guest or even create your own log in. Go HERE and click on Hadley's Language Arts to enter the site


P.S.
Mrs. Keith and Mrs. Hutchins, if you're out there, life at SCMS is certainly not the same without you. I almost cried on the first day. Thank heavens for the amazing CTC members that are left. Still, everyone misses you (ME ME ME ME ME) and keeps asking how you are. Also, I'm internalizing school gossip way too much.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Nicole...
haha! You honestly crack me up! I love you're posts! You've definitely gone into the RIGHT profession (being an English teacher) because you've got some mad writing/journal skills goin' on! :)
Anyway, that will be EXTREMELY do-able to only make 5 cards! I think it'll be fun! Oh, and the little guy you nannied...TOO FREAKIN ADORABLE! I love his lil' fishing hat!
GOOD LUCK back at school this week! My parents are in your same boat! I know it takes a TON of work and preperation to get ready for the new year! I don't know how you amazing school teachers do it!!! (PS. CONGRATS ON RENTING OUT THE CASA! Let me know if you guys possibly need help moving, and I'll see if my fam can help in any way!) good luck!

Heidi said...

We are SO excited that we are going to be able to rent from you! Thank you so much. It will be just perfect for us. By the way...I'd love to be added to your little card swap thing. So I'll be checking back for directions. :)

Nic said...

BEST NEWS EVER!!! I can stop freaking out over last year's test scores! I just recieved my students' scores from the principal and they are good! I'm not the weakest chain in the link!!!!!!!!!!! I can still teach!

Alana said...

That kid is indeed cute. I've been thinking about you going back to school. I am for sure going to come see your classroom this year. Pretty please?

ash met said...

Congrats on finding renters for the Cond-O. I hope that works out for you guys! So Sad that I missed the big Stirland family lake trip...There were definitely tears shed....

mommaRx said...

No Way!! There is no way that is little Jack, I can't believe it. He is the child who first taught me that you can feed your kids canned green beans and be healthy and they like it (remember you were feeding him those when we came and visited!?)