Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On falling off the face of the earth... for a year.


I feel lucky... about the kids being monsters. My students are MILD in comparison to those in other classes. Actually, let me rephrase. They are my students, they just choose to urinate in their friends cups and watch them take a sip in Science class, not English. Thank the Lord they weren't doing that for me. A few other students were arrested today. No major graffiti... yet, but you never know. Knock on wood: two days left. There's been worse, but my mom said I can't write about what my 5th period boys did on a public blog. I think next year, if we go to uniforms, they should be either Army fatigues or gladiator suits. Here are some pics from yesterday. My two best buddy teachers and amazing work friends ever are quitting this year because they are having babies. My sorrow cannot be consoled. I can't imagine them not being here next year, it is so so sad!!!


Lessons Learned:
#1: Say goodbye to all friends, free time, and acquaintances on August 4th
#2: 9th grade boys are pure evil
#3: Never assign essays the last 2 weeks of the quarter if you are going to get them graded
#4: Parent Teacher conferences explain a lot
#5: Utah English teachers are expected to perform miracles for less than minimum wage
#6: No one seems to mention the well known fact that teachers can't get their jobs done in the 30 hour work week they are paid for
#7: Students lie, teachers lie more
#8: Teaching Middle School is like getting beat up everyday and still coming back for more because someone told you you were supposed to care
#9: Sometimes the 1 student who says thank you doesn't make up for the 100 who mouthed off to you.
#10: May is the month of glorified babysitting

...there is more, but I'm getting depressed.

WE HAVE IN 'N OUT which I've never liked... until now. It is so cheap and the tomatoes taste like... well, they taste period. I've been twice. Monday I made Q take me after I worked a 13 hour day. It was fun.


LIFE IS GOOD.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutly LOVE your hair! We will have to have a BBQ to celebrate when you are officially done :)

Alana said...

Quinn, don't drip on your nice white shirt.

Mindi said...

Your almost there....

carly k said...

1. I'm glad to hear that you are still alive and I can stop hating your job because I never get to see you.

2. You HAVE to tell me what your 5th period boys did!

and C. In-n-Out and I definately have a love/hate relationship! I should just duct tape the cheeseburger to my thigh! It would be a lot faster than waiting for all that fat and cottage to make it's way down to my saddle bags!

Your hair looks super cute, too!!!