Saturday, April 21, 2012

Help us with our BIG FAT problem:


I have been  shocked, SHOCKED!!! By Q and my last couple of conversations about our backyard.  Apparently I am WAY OFF in assuming that we have even the slightest similarity in our vision of what 10 grand should get a family when all the landscaping is said and done.  Let me explain:

THIS is MY vision of our completed back yard:

 ...and THIS is Q's vision of our completed back yard:

 ...See the problem?  Suggestions please!

4 comments:

Erika said...

Um yeah...same problem over here, ie. "I hate our tile, I hate the grout, it's hard on my feet, I don't love the look of it... you think we could save up and get wood floors?" "Why?! Tile lasts forever, why change it? It works perfectly fine..."

Hmmmm. Problem. Same thing with our backyard. I would like a pergola, climbing vines, flagstone extended patio with flower pots and a beautifully manicured garden. However we are not always on the same page. Funny! I love your versions!

Jem said...

Robb and I just had this same conversation. He wants to turn the backyard into a batting cage, though, not an entire ballpark. And he was so excited telling me about it, like I was going to be on board 100%.

dre said...

I think nicoles idea is good, if I was planning on using it for a wedding reception. Here's the thing, you have kids, so as beautiful as an antique 1790 backyard look would be nice, where are the kids going to play? next to the antique vase? reality is its going to have a trampoline, bikes, toys, and kids stuff. And i highly doubt the baseball park would look anything like the white trash pictures you found on the web.

K Worthington said...

Im with you on that one.. Of course! I dream of back yard entertaining.....
I think it should be decided by the gender of the baby. Girl=dreamy backyard with overhead lighting where you and the girls can have princess tea parties and family gatherings.
Boy=baseball diamond (but only half the yard?)
However, I am with the commenter above, as your backyard should be more conducive to kids playing
Every day.