Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Big News/Buy Suzy

Some BIG news items:
  • Megan is engaged to Taylor Nelson. His family owns the Pasta Factory. Sweet hook up Meg. We love Taylor but sheesh this happened fast and it is Meg after all- tiny little Meg! Crazy. It will be super fun to see everyone from our old ward at the wedding, which is June 2nd BTW. Yep, that fast. June 2nd. Exactly 1 week before our new baby arrives. What are the odds?!?! I'm going to be about 500million pounds in all the photos! Forget even trying to look cute at that point. 9.5 months is well after I should be consigned to the house rolling around in quadruple-X T-shirts... and now I've got to come up with some sort of dress/tent! UG.

  • A great benefit about living in our neighborhood is that we are zoned for farm animals. Hence, all of our neighbors have chickens, horses, etc. So we took a little field trip a few houses up and visited some chickens and bunnies. It is fun to plan for our own little homestead. Annie loved petting the animals but mostly wanted to roam on her own all over our neighbor's yard, who offered us some of her baby chicks and bunnies. Too bad we aren't ready for them.


  • The weather has been gorgeous lately and every day I don't work (which unfortunately hasn't been much) Annie and I have been hanging outside. Since our acre of land is basically an acre of dirt, there have been multiple-a-day baths.


  • Another big news item is that we FINALLY found someone to help us start our yard... we think. We've called so many people/companies and they either drive by and laugh or never reply with a bid. Tomorrow Q has someone coming from Cedar. He answered our online ad so keep your fingers crossed that he stays until we have new valves and wiring for the sprinkler system. We are itching for a yard, at least in the front, and spent last Thursday outside trimming trees and eating lunch while we planned our landscape design.

  • Q and I both worked the entire day and evening on Tuesday so we celebrated Valentines on Monday. He brought home take out from our favorite restaurant (SAKURA) and I bought him choco-covered strawberries. Annie insisted on wearing her chickie costume over her clothes all day and was seen en ensemble in several local stores as a little yellow puff ball while we ran errands.

  • Our Suzy is for sale. She is a fantastic Honda and it pains us greatly to let her go but expand we must. We didn't even drive her for over a year when we lived in NYC. Q is sick over it because it means we will soon be owning a minivan. We've had epic battles over the minivan decision, but with an intense limited budget, I keep reminding him that pragmatism is nothing to shirk over. Anyway, here she is. Want to buy her?



e

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for Meg!!! I can't believe the "baby Metcalf" is getting hitched! Ahh! :) I'm sad you're selling your car too! I love it! I remember when you guys got that car before you moved to NYC. I still worked at the B-bar then! :) I just have to tell you that I'm IN LOVE WITH LITTLE ANNIE!!! Oh my goodness Nicole, any pictures you post of her are so precious! Glad you guys are doing great, and GOOD LUCK ON THE LANDSCAPING!

K Worthington said...

I'd like to say- I love Megan! She is so cute and mr nielson is the luckiest. I was telling my sister that they will
Never have a fight because Megan is so super sweet and I can't even picture her ever getting mad at anyone! Her ring is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what dress she picks.
Also, come on Q! Minivans are where it's at! He will retract all his van-resistance when he experiences the luxury and convenience they afford when toting around young kids! Has he not seen the commercial where the van is compared to a sleek/manly/furocious jaguar (as in the cat)? Plus? The seats fold down which allows for easy transport of large peices of equipment- like, I don't know.... Fishing poles, guns, etc.
You look fantastic by the way-when I was at that point in pregnancy I looked massive. You look great!!

Alana said...

Meg and Taylor make a great couple. I feel bad I didn't see this potential sooner and hook them up.

Aaaand, if you ever get set-up at your place with some animals, can I have a milk goat rent a room there? It is impossible to get fresh goat milk. I've even taken part in parking lot deals where goat milk and cash was exchanged, nervous the feds were gonna jump out and bust us like the several recent incidents. One of these days....

Now I really hate you. You have a fireplace and now you can have chickens and horses and goats too? You are a straight-up beeeyotch!

I will live vicariously through you.