Our Annie turned 1 last week. Isn't that crazy?! I hate her getting old. I want to freeze her in time so I can cuddle with her like this forever. We also moved into our amazing house after almost 6 long months of renovation. In celebration of our major hard work, a new house, birthday baby, and to thank everyone that helped us move, we held our first official party- hopefully of many. I had been looking forward to it since day one because I always knew the house was a terrific place for parties. We can fit 30 people on the back deck alone. It was a photo finish as I was still recovering chairs as the guests came and I totally forgot about a few staging elements that made me so mad when I discovered them the next morning. Oh well. Before and Afters of the Hadley House Love to come, but here are some party pics in the meantime. If I don't get to blogging the summer of 2011 this weekend it won't get done because I start work next week and I am adding more classes than ever. Oh Drudgery.

Annie does NOT, repeat, does NOT like being sung Happy Birthday. I figure it is the only song in the universe that she must hate since she loves music so dang much. I can't even sing it to her when we are alone without her crying. Strange.
We got Annie the perfect present... Baby Stella from Manhattan Toy Co.
I've been so excited for weeks and weeks. Baby Stella is super soft all over and her binki is magnetic. I also got Annie those amazing non-absorbant Boon bath toys, a birthday ball, a toy boat, and a book. Baby, bath toys, ball, boat, and book for a birthday... and I didn't even try!


I've been so excited for weeks and weeks. Baby Stella is super soft all over and her binki is magnetic. I also got Annie those amazing non-absorbant Boon bath toys, a birthday ball, a toy boat, and a book. Baby, bath toys, ball, boat, and book for a birthday... and I didn't even try!
Here is the limited birthday decor. I made a photo montage of Annie on our magnetic chalkboard wall and displayed some photo posters of Annie that I had hung at my school to show Annie to my students. Add the birthday banner from Gardner village and a time capsule for guests to contribute to and we were set. The time capsule was super fun. People wrote the most amusing things. We also stole some ideas from the twins like including a cell phone and CD.
2 comments:
Loved the party. Sorry we had to leave before the bday song and presents. Both of my littles go to bed at 7 and they lasted as long as they could.
That is so funny Annie hates the happy birthday song! Anika was the same way. She would cry, cry, cry. Even when it was someone else who had the birthday, we would start singing and she would start crying. I think it was birthday #3 that she was finally okay with it. HAHAHA. There must be something inherently frightening about that song???
Your house is perfection and I can almost not enjoy it because my eyes are fogged over with jealousy!
I've been fantasizing about that fireplace, stormy winter day outside, and cooking chili. Ahhhhh.
Annie is PERFECT, ADORABLE! I loved her little ruffled outfit.
nicole...I would love to know your paint color. Most of my house is tan and I want to do parts grey, but it needs to be a grey with tan undertones...I think that's how your color was when I came and saw your house. Anyway, let me know if you get a chance.
House looks fabulous! I too am a little green because of all the character and the floors and the library!! Oh and the deck!! Kudos!
Post a Comment