Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I'm not strong enough.


Oh- it stopped. It finally stopped. I told myself 8 minutes. I'll live in agony for 8 minutes- and if she doesn't stop crying by then, I'm going to rush in and pick her up out of her bed and make everything better. Honestly- that was the worst 8 minutes ever... and if she hadn't stopped crying at exactly 7 minutes 59 seconds, I would have rushed right in. I'm just not strong enough for Ferberizing. I can do a lot of things- but I just can't do this! This was my first go {I know, I know she's 7 months- I'm a woose okay} and 8 minutes of it almost did me in. I swear I am worse than Cam on Modern Family as he listened to Lily on the baby monitor sobbing right along with her.

...

Oh no- It starts again.
The agony!
Okay, 8 minutes. I'll Ferberize for 8 more minutes
and then I positively canNOT bare it any longer.

3 comments:

K Worthington said...

You are not alone. I never did it-ever. Luckily, Abbi and Olivia spared me of having to try it out-although I don't think I ever would have done it anyway...Miss you guys-had a weird dream that you decided to take your clogging classes on a world tour that you were never going to come back from. I wondered in my dream why you would leave your Mom and Dad and what Quinn thought about you going...weird dream... : )

Alana said...

I can totally relate. I waited until Anika was 9 months old and I read the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's a totally useful book and I open it again and again... whether for the now 3yr old or my newborn... it covers all the stages. Cute little peach dress she has :)

Erika said...

It's funny. It was hard for my first...but with the rest, it just got easier and easier because I don't know, I was more used to it and knew it was good for them to be able to comfort themselves back to sleep etc. Plus I had other kiddies to take care of...by number 4, it was just plain survival. Hang in there. It's good for her lungs, as my mom always says!! Give 'em a bit of a work out! I agree though, it is heartbreaking.

On the other hand, if you only have one kid right now and she falls asleep with you all the time as a baby, it's probably not the worst thing that's ever happened!