Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ME! They nominated little old ME!!!! It's been a while since I've had a day like this!

I won BEST TEACHER ON THE PLANET!!!


Our local radio station does this little contest every year for best teacher on the planet and today I won! I'm giddy with glee (Oh how I can't wait for the Glee premiere btw). Anyone can log on to Planet's website and nominate their favorite teacher. Each week one teacher is selected then at the end of the contest, all of those teachers are entered into a drawing for a free Subaru Forrester for a year.

So today I was happily teaching when I realized there were about 5 extra adults in my room. It was Chris and Larea and the crew from Planet 94.1 (yipee). I won a free T-shirt {which I promised to wear all week and am wearing now}, a 1-hour massage, and several gift certificates around town. The crew took my whole class out to look at the car and it is sweet. The 8th grade is convinced I am going to win it and that when I do, I will be offering free rides around the parking lot. I just keep thinking I could really use that car!

---------------------------------

Then another HUGE thing happened. My principal offered me part time for next year! Even though I resigned, even though the district has to fire 70+ teachers, even though I'm still technically not tenured, he asked me to come back. He even offered to let me choose my schedule AND my classes. Kids at home, let me tell you that this does not happen, especially in 2010 in WCSD.

--------------------------------

THEN... I decided to reward myself {and my massive headache that I've had since 7 pm last night} by driving out to Spoon Me for a delectable treat. That's when the check out girl told me my hair is so cute and I ran into a few college students who had observed in my class who complimented me up to high heaven.

----------------------------------

Needless to say: It's been a while since I've had a day like this!

(and it's only 3:57)

6 comments:

Erika said...

You deserve it! And days like that are awesome. I can just see the big grin on your face! Congrats! Hope you get the car!!!

Megan Young said...

That's awesome--I'm glad you had an amazing day! Congratulations on the award!

Mindi said...

Congrats, I'm glad to see that all of your hard work is paying off.

Anonymous said...

Well, you totally deserve it! Way to go out with a bang! You are the best. I miss you and want to see a picture of your baby belly. Hey, what is your email and I will add you to view my blog. Then you can see the picture of my huge belly and you will feel a lot better about yours!

Alana said...

BOOOYAAAAAAHHH!

Turley Family said...

Congrats! That is awesome!