Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The problem with community ed is the community part.

The problem with community ed is the community.

Finally, I finished my photography class and, might I add, it was no small accomplishment. No, not because it was boring or difficult or during American Idol for the past four weeks... but because I've never experienced such a monopoly of an hour by complete and utter village idiots! If you were in the class you know what I'm talking about. Here's a sampling of questions to which I could not visibly restrain, by any means, my eyes from rolling:

Village idiot #1: (elderly-I-think-I-can pre-grandma)
How do I click on the picture with my mouse?

Village idiot #2: (I'm-smarter-than-you-mid-life-crisis guy)
I've read 17 books on this and they all say you are wrong. Should I be in the advanced class?

Village idiot #3: (this-is-just-so-wonderful-and-new girl)
How can I make my 300 lb mom look really skinny in a picture?

Village idiot #4: (does-this-count-for-college-experience guy)
Where would I find a really good stick to take a picture of?

Village idiot #5: (take-off-shoes-spread-out-bring-snacks-large-single guy)
Could you spell ISO?

DOUBLE ARG!!!

3 comments:

Mindi said...

At least it was entertaining, right? I'm laughing. :)

Taylor said...

haha I took the same class, sounds like there are a few returners! :)

Erika said...

Ha! That's great!! I never responded to your photography questions....it's just lots and lots and lots of practice and good lighting and good focus! Good luck! And as for the melted crayons, just put pieces of broken (or new if you don't have broken) crayon in heart-shaped muffin trays and melt at 350 for a few minutes until melted...just keep an eye on them. Remove when cooled! Enjoy! Oh and love the cinnamon roll story, especially all the frosting, that's what i'm talking about!