Friday, February 20, 2009

Parade Preview

Parade 2009

I'm busy cataloging all my pics/ideas from this year's parade and boy is it taking a while. I've only been to half the homes at that. So far, there have been some very disappointing homes and some real winners. Do miss: Kachina Spring, Tonaquint Terrace, and The Ledges. Don't miss: The Cliffs, especially the craft room in #22 and I'm currently FANTASIZING to the point of idolatry #13 (best floor plan in years!). One question: Why no slide monster K. Welch repeat from last year with full gym in basement? Not as many winners as years past. Here are a few highlights to tide you over:

[above] Best casita layout in forever.


[above] Mom's fave art piece. This table/single piece of wood is so awesome! I love love love seeing the the art on the walls of each home. Did I tell you Q and I pretty much own more in art than our car is worth?


[above] Q and QM at "The Monster" (13,000 sq foot @ 3 mil$$$)


[above] The TWILIGHT ROOM (included because I had a very, extremely, totally juicy, and realistic dream about Edward last night... again).


Once again, someone beats me to the punch! I actually have this cubby hole from toilet room to linen closet drawn in on my floor plan. A few differences: Mine has a door and an entirely separate compartment (sealed off from everything else) for the plunger. Now everyone will think I copied, which I didn't, but still- great idea.

2 comments:

Coby said...

Hey Nicole,

This is the 1st year I have ever gone to more than 3 homes in the parade. Not the best year to branch out since most of the homes weren't that great. :( #13 is definitely the only home I have seen in the parade that actually represents the majority of homes in St. George. It was very practical & of course had lots of storage! This was also the 1st year I wasn't consumed with my work in the parade ... my home was complete before the parade started (very out of the ordinary) & I didn't have to work in a home ... it was fabulous.

Coby said...

Oops - that was ASHLYNN not COBY