Dinner at Samuri for Bob's birthday. hmmm, looks like I need the stellar Nikon D90 SLR for Christmas doesn't it (hint hint)?
We have been putting on the Christmas show at Porter's rest home since before I was even born. We even did it when my Grandpa was there for a little while before he could get hospice at home. I think rest homes are the saddest places on earth. I started to cry when we did "I'll be Home for Christmas." It's hard to go every year, but they remember us and when we sing "you better not pout, you better not cry..." Santa comes in and brings all the residents a present.
This is the second time the three of us went to a movie I had already seen:
It's fine, I happen to think Australia is double feature worthy.
Ciara, we missed the heck out of you.
And yes, we stayed up WAY WAY later than we should have.
It's fine, I happen to think Australia is double feature worthy.
Ciara, we missed the heck out of you.
And yes, we stayed up WAY WAY later than we should have.
Matt and I spent a million hours running everyone elses' errands. It started with getting a hitch to get the trailer to get the canoe. Throw in a trip to Coral Canyon Golf club, pajama shopping @ the mall and old navy, and you've got yourself one entirely LONG afternoon. We hauled that huge trailer all over town. Incidentally, after one such stop, I pop back into the truck to discover Matthew jamming to the Gospel station. He informed me that the Gospel station is all he listens too now. You think you know people.
More Christmas Eve: Notice how excited Q is to be at the in-laws'
HAPPY CHRISTMASQ and I spent the night at his parents' house. We never get eachother anything for Christmas but this year we splurged on 1 cheap gift each: a wii carrying case for Q (from me) and a pair of much needed new Teva flip flops for me (from Q).
THIS is the chaos that ensued at my parents' place:
Mom bought dad a canoe (which ALMOST tops our present to them: an adjustible ball rotating hitch). ALMOST. Do you know how hard it is to buy gifts for my parents? We scored this year! I can tell you horror stories of getting to Powell only to discover we have the wrong hitch... MARK!
...And as for me... well, I got the BIG ONE! Talk about the GIFT of ALL GIFTS! The CAHUNA of CAHUNAS, the WHOLE KIT AND CABOOLTLE, the ICING AND the CAKE... and the whole bakery while we're at it.
That's right my friends, Santa (aka mom and dad) brought me the most coveted present of all: A GENUINE NIKON D90 SLR!!!!!!! Now to remember all those photography classes I took in college.... 10 years ago. Yep, I'm going to need some major brush up lessons. Anyone???? Oh, I'm so excited I can't even stand it. I've been drooling over this camera for a year... and a camera LIKE this since my CANNON REBEL was stolen in stadium 8 in 2001 less than a month after I got it! (I'm still losing sleep over this)
Also, I got a cool new phone, a LOTUS, because everyone is sick of not getting a hold of me. Maybe now I will talk on the phone (I hate talking on the phone). I've really never had a cool phone. I always just got the freebie... actually I've only had 2 other phones before and both are stone age worthy candidates. I don't even know how to take pictures and only learned about texting AFTER we moved back from NYC. It's my one technological infraction.
And for Quinn? Santa brought him Rock Band, a Yankees clock (oh great), a cool nerf gun (that is lethal), and some camo apparel (thanks again mom and dad).
1 comment:
Yay that you got the camera! That is way exciting. I so missed seeing you on Christmas :(
Post a Comment