------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think I've breathed since school started. It's been rough, tough, and, at times, a little bit ugly. Middle School kids are hideous to begin with, but slap them with a technical essay, a reading requirement, and management expectations and they get down right dirty and evil.
The latest stats:
Summer was a blast... after I made it through Spain. We spent some time at Powell and then I started teaching... for free. Can you believe it, technically, after two complete degrees and graduating in May, I'm still a student paying tuition. I skipped the student teaching stuff so WCSD is making me do an internship. Ac
This first year teaching business is educations version of waterboarding. I'm wondering if John McCain got wind of this he might not consider it down right criminal and outlaw the practice all together. Anyhow, I've done well and actually got first page newspaper coverage! Check out what my students and I have been up to:
http://www.dixieweekly.com/pg-archiveArticles/a-3015/Local_Students_Unite_in_Service_and_Patriotism.html
Quinn finished his internship and got a raise which, ever-so-quickly, was claimed by the government. Taxes. It'll happen every time. We spent a lovely UEA weekend in NYC!!! Can you believe it, our building went condo! Anyway, I think we ate at all our favorite joints and spent much of the time not believing it had been a year since we'd moved home. Some times I wonder if I'm not having some sort of affair with NYC I love it so much. In fact, I already had my next two trips back to Manhattan planned before I even left for this trip. It just solidifies the fact that New York will never be out of my system. I will always and forever fantasize about moving back.
FOR NOW:
We've been working so hard, it's difficult to think about the holidays. Most of the time I feel like I've dropped off the face of the earth and I'll suffocate before I get back. Did you know, I haven't checked my voicemail since before Spain (May 2007 for those keeping track). Oops. Busy is good... right?
P.S. Quinn got an elk. Sorry, no picture, but if you want to taste it, stop by around 7 pm and we'll fry some up for you.
4 comments:
Yea for upadating!! I think it is a good thing I have never lived in NY. I don't think I would leave :)
Amy
I love the article. Way to go!! What an amazing thing to do.
All that I have to say is it's about times you updated your blog :)! I am glad you survived your first part of school. I hope to see you soon!
Finally a post! You must be busy, eh? Loved getting your Christmas card...Landon and I went to NYC in August...it was a lot of fun!
Post a Comment